My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax HDR-FOX T2: remote control not working, red light showing for PVR function

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hannahdew

Hi there, I purchased the humax hdr-fox t2 around October time. Over the last few weeks the remote control has become very temperamental. This is usually just for a few minutes but today it just won't work at all. I'm a bit of a technophobe so I may be being rather silly. I do hope there is a simple explanation!!

When I select PVR function on the remote, the button just goes red, it will not even allow me to swith the power on. I have tried switching the system on and off at the wall and replacing the batteries but no joy. I have tried selecting other functions and coming back to it but it is very stubborn!! I would be most grateful of any advice on this matter

Many thanks, hannah

| Fri 16 Mar 2012 0:00:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Hannahdew - 45 minutes ago  » 
    When I select PVR function on the remote, the button just goes red, it will not even allow me to swith the power on.

Look carefully at the remote; is there a button stuck down? If so free it. If not telephone (not email) Humax support and discuss the problem with them.; I think there is a good chance they will send you a new remote.

| Fri 16 Mar 2012 0:48:27 #2 |
  3. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Any digital camera / cell phone camera can 'See' the infra red light produced by a remote, Try looking at a known good one first so you can compare what you see in the camera display

| Fri 16 Mar 2012 11:23:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hannahdew

Thank you both for your help. Martin - i checked for stuck buttons but no such luck so took your advice and gave them a call. Was very quick and easy and I have a shiny new one on its way in the post

I'm not at home at the mo but am very intrigued by the infra red comment, may give that a try later.

Thanks again!! Hannah

| Fri 16 Mar 2012 12:53:21 #4 |
  5. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Hannahdew:- am very intrigued by the infra red comment

Picture HERE

| Fri 16 Mar 2012 14:49:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trilobite

ezra pound - 1 day ago  » 
    Any digital camera / cell phone camera can 'See' the infra red light produced by a remote, Try looking at a known good one first so you can compare what you see in the camera display

You can also check a remote control using the following method:

Obtain an old AM/FM portable radio. The cheaper the better.
    Make sure it is on AM (also called MW).
    Mistune it so that it is between stations (weak national and/or foreign stations may be heard.)
    Turn the volume up a bit, say 50-60%.
    Bring the remote control very close to the radio, then press the buttons on the remote.

The radio should pick up the pulsed code modulator in the remote control, and the radio should emit pulses of sound from its speaker.

Note: old radios work best. Modern DAB/FM/AM ones may have extra shielding that prevents the effect described above.

| Sun 18 Mar 2012 1:45:02 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.