My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax HDR-FOX T2 Remote problem.

(5 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    I have an Humax HDR-FOX T2 that I BOUGHT IN August 2011, it has performed well
    but the remote is difficult to use, very hard to get response from the buttons etc .

I see Amazon Has these: HUMAX FOX T2 HD Remote Control RM-F04 at £29.99
    Is this the best option, or are there "All in one" remotes that will be suitable?
    Thanks for any thoughts.
    Mick.

| Mon 17 Mar 2014 9:35:52 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

You can get the official Humax remote (RM-F04) for £23.99 on eBay. I would avoid the cheap generic programmable replacements that sell for £10 or so. You could try taking it apart and cleaning it. Any buttons that still don't work can be fixed with double-sided tape and aluminium foil. The instructions are here: http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Disassembled
    These instructions used scapel blades to prise the case open. Most people don't have these, and while thin and strong they are very sharp. I used a putty knife and this worked well. The key is to prise right where the lugs are. One you have popped open a couple of lugs it is easy.

| Mon 17 Mar 2014 10:33:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

icogs

I have had a Logitech Harmony 600 universal remote for several years. You can get the slightly better 650 for £44 from amazon.

Upsides of the Harmony:
    High quality back-lit buttons - feels good in the hand and easy to use in dim lighting.
    Customisable - make the features you use most easy to get at
    Huge database of ready-made configurations for all sorts of devices - including Humax
    Can control several devices from one unit

Downsides:
    More expensive (but good value if you appreciate the features)
    Takes a while to customise to be 'just right' - not good for technophobes
    Uses more batteries - I use rechargeables and need to recharge every 6 weeks or so

| Mon 17 Mar 2014 12:57:30 #3 |
  4. mickiow

mickiow

Thank for your help, I have ordered a new original type remote and will then look at cleaning the contacts in the old one.
    Mick.

| Thu 20 Mar 2014 7:39:20 #4 |
  5. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 6 days ago  » 

These instructions used scapel blades to prise the case open. Most people don't have these, and while thin and strong they are very sharp.

Scalpel blades are only sharp when they are new, the ones that were used were old ones, if you need any help Mick, let me know

| Sun 23 Mar 2014 18:56:39 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.