My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax HDR1800T Stops Working

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marlow

Hello,
    We have had this PVR now for about 4 years and in the last 6 months it has stopped working twice. No light nothing. We took it to a local repair man and the first time he replaced the capacitor and did a factory reset and off we went. Then it happened again last week, we took it back to him and this time he did a factory reset and it came back to life, apparently. So far it has cost us £69 pounds and I asked if it happens again could we solve the problem and he said we could google it and do it ourselves....... How can you do a factory reset when the thing appears to be dead? Also he was able to save all the recordings on the hard drive.

| Sat 23 Dec 2017 15:07:21 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would try removing the mains power for 5 minutes.
    That's what you did when you took it to him this time.

| Sat 23 Dec 2017 16:56:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marlow

Hello Repassac, thanks for your reply.
    However since I got it back I have noticed that it is no longer getting the HD channels and a few others..............I have done what you suggested and another factory reset and it is still not picking up all the channels. The aerial is ok because the TV is getting them.
    Thanks again.

| Sun 24 Dec 2017 10:14:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marlow

Marlow - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Hello Repassac, thanks for your reply.
    However since I got it back I have noticed that it is no longer getting the HD channels and a few others..............I have done what you suggested and another factory reset and it is still not picking up all the channels. The aerial is ok because the TV is getting them.
    Thanks again.

HELLOOOO again, sorted, I had not got the correct aerial sockets in the right place.........thanks again.

| Sun 24 Dec 2017 10:51:20 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.