My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax Mocha Switching Off to Standby

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gazza7

I bought a Humax Mocha last week, replacing an old Humax PVR. I like it but have one query and one problem.

I have a Sony Bravia TV and connect my aerial to the Humax and then loop it to my TV. I also have a Sony Soundbar. Everything worked fine when linked to my old Humax box, in that when I turned my TV on it was the master and the sound came through my soundbar. If I wanted to use my PVR I chose HDMI4 and then watched programmes on my Humax. Now with my Mocha when I turn it on it takes control and I have flip back to TV via Inputs Link on my TV remote to watch via my TV. And if the Mocha is on standby the sound goes through TV speakers not soundbar, and sometimes I don't have a signal to watch some channels via my TV. If I then which on my Mocha (from standby) then I can get the sound to switch to my soundbar and the signal seems ok. I find that all rather odd. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

My problem is that maybe once or twice a day we can have the Mocha on and TV on, and then all of a sudden they both switch themselves to standby at the same time. Is that damaging? Can someone help? Do you think my Mocha is damaged? Didn't have this problem with my old Humax PVR

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 0:49:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I think you may have a number of set-up issues here.

(1) On my 4 HDMI Brava TV I can set the sound set-up separately for each TV source (called 'current' in the sound menu) or for all of them. To use the audio settings on the Sony for all sources and not just the new Humax , while watching the Humax change the sound setting from 'current' to 'common'. This needs to be done using the Sony remote.

(2) Moving on to not having all channels on your TV on some occasions when your Humax is in stand-by could be because you are using the default power saving mode on the Humax and the signal is not strong enough. You could either switch the power saving off, or use possibly use a passive splitter from your aerial lead to supply the TV and the Humax separately as it sounds as though your signal may be strong enough to support a passive splitter. A passive splitter costs under £2.

(3) Concerning the Humax switching itself, is there not a switch to stand-by option that turns the Humax off automatically after a few hours of not using the Humax remote control? What do you have that set to?

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 9:28:16 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.