My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax not started and occasional green screen

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lottie

I've been having problems with my HDR Fox T2 starting up. For some reason I just couldn't get it to start first time and occasionally got the green screen of doom.

I've now "sorted" the problem so thought I'd share it.

I had called Humax a couple of times to be told it was a HDMI handshake issue. Both solutions humax suggested didn't work - disabling Bravia sync ( my TV is a Bravia and you can set it up so the TV remote control controls other items), turning on humax first and also switching between sources.

However I've now figured out if you leave the resolution ( via the V format button) on 1080i, it starts every time. I'm guessing tat the quality difference between 1080p and 1080i is negligible. So whist it's not ideal and I'm still slightly miffed that my Humax doesn't do exactly what it should, this is a good compromise for me.

| Thu 6 Dec 2012 22:21:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dandnsmith

Why blame the Humax - could just as easily blame the Bravia.
    After all, my LG works perfectly every time!

Derek

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 10:15:44 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My Sony Bravia works fine with a HDR FOX T2 and HD FOX T2 both set to 1080P. The OP should perhaps try a different hdmi cable and/or a different hdmi socket on the TV.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 11:06:43 #3 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

Hi lottie,

I dont think its quite as simple as you say, I have a HDR T2 connected to a 32" Bravia via HDMI 1.3 cable and set to 1080i. Yet I have seen the green screen with no way back, only once I admit and having read some other posts a power cycle of the HDR fixed it. I may try another HDMI port and/or cable if it bothers me again.

Andy

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 12:34:44 #4 |
  5. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

I have a Bravia and have very occasionally had problems with blank screens after starting the Humax. Re-starting everything seems to cure it. It hasn't occurred so many times as to become an annoyance but it does happen. Sometimes I have to switch off at the power switch of the Humax.

I do not like the option of switching to 1080i. Seems terrible considering the great picture you get with some BBC 1080p transmissions, especially nature programmes.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 13:22:41 #5 |
  6. athomson

athomson

special member

Mine is an older bravia and 1080i is the best it will support. It does not like 1080p. The green screen seems to happen every 3 to 6 months so its not a big problem.

Andy

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 15:01:48 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

musictechguy - 3 hours ago  » 

I do not like the option of switching to 1080i. Seems terrible considering the great picture you get with some BBC 1080p transmissions, especially nature programmes.

Much of Freeview-HD is 1080i with some 1080p25 thrown in. It's still 1920 x 1080 pixels. You will find it very very hard to see any difference especially with no fast action on screen. Try getting someone else to change settings a few times without you knowing which is which and replay the same recordings. I doubt if I could tell which is which. HD from satellite is all 1080i anyway.

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 16:41:16 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.