My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax only recorded 26 minutes of Hetty Wainthrop.

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

I set the box to tape Hetty Wainthrop Investigates tonight on Drama channel.
    Itrecorded just twenty-six minutes of it.
    Does anyone have any idea why that happened, please?

| Mon 9 Apr 2018 23:02:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul4

I don't know about Hetty Wainthrop (in fact never heard of such) but I posted yesterday about a problem where my 4000T (yes, I know it's a different machine) is starting scheduled recordings 5 mins late. So for a 18.30-19.00 recording now starting 5 mins late at 18.35, the result is the recording is only 25 mins - ie. I lose the first 5 mins.

I wonder if there's a common problem?

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 8:10:56 #2 |
  3. graham uk

graham uk

special member

Could be the TV Transmition time had not been set correctly at the stations end ?.

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 9:04:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

canalhopper

The Humax box offers the option to add extra time to both the start and end of a recording. Is that possibly the problem Paul4?

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 19:07:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul4

canalhopper - 19 hours ago  » 
    The Humax box offers the option to add extra time to both the start and end of a recording. Is that possibly the problem Paul4?

I discovered this padding when trying to solve the problem but it was not the cause. Padding was set to zero. I now have start padding of 5 mins and end padding of 5 mins.

BUT sometimes when recording successive programmes the padding could cause recording failure, if "end time + 5" overruled the next start time. This is like the bad old VCR days; was less of a problem with my 9200T and 9300T which could record two progs at the same time; and should be less so with my 4000T which record four at a time.

But padding isn't the answer, and we've never had this particular late-start problem before something changed recently - I assume the last Humax software update.

| Wed 11 Apr 2018 14:32:48 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paul4 - 3 minutes ago  » 

canalhopper - 19 hours ago  » 

I discovered this padding when trying to solve the problem but it was not the cause. Padding was set to zero. I now have start padding of 5 mins and end padding of 5 mins.
    BUT sometimes when recording successive programmes the padding could cause recording failure, if "end time + 5" overruled the next start time. This is like the bad old VCR days; was less of a problem with my 9200T and 9300T which could record two progs at the same time; and should be less so with my 4000T which record four at a time.
    But padding isn't the answer, and we've never had this particular late-start problem before something changed recently - I assume the last Humax software update.

The Foxsat-HDR software hasn't been updated since 2012.

The problem is likely to be a screw up at the broadcaster end with the crid codes and Accurate recording start and stop recording signals.

No problems with my 5000T, and not seen any reported issues on a 4000T other than the well documented ones associated with a new playout system used by the BBC.

| Wed 11 Apr 2018 14:43:07 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.