My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax PVR 8000T Help

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyluc

HI all

I got a Humax PVR 8000T Help. and would like to know how to transfer files on the HDD to my Windows XP PC. I have connected the HDD via external USB cable and it shows up on windows as unknown part in Disk management windows. I know by reading on the blog its a linux part.. how can i get it to work on windows and transfer my recorded programmes??

Thanks

| Fri 9 Sep 2011 19:35:33 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

ex2fsd volume manager will let you access Unix EXT2 and EXT2 volumes under windows - a little tricky to use I seem to remember.

| Fri 9 Sep 2011 20:08:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyluc

Hi Thanks for the Quick Reply REPASSAC.. i tried the ex2fsd volume manager and assigned a drive letter. but when it mounted it the ex2fsd volume manager said the data is RAW and when i tried to access the drive i got a warning.. disk is not formatted and do you want to format.. Any ideas why??? Just to confirm the Humax 8000T data in the HDD is Linux based???

| Fri 9 Sep 2011 22:16:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dannyluc - 58 minutes ago  » 
    Just to confirm the Humax 8000T data in the HDD is Linux based???

Where did you get that information?

| Fri 9 Sep 2011 23:15:29 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

dannyluc - I assumed it was (like their current range of PVR's).
    On my HDR ex2fsd correctly sees the four partitions on a foxsat HDR disk as EXT3 and correctly also correctly identifes Windows NTFS and FAT32 partitions on other disks.
    Depending on your OS - you may need to run ex2fsd as Administrator and srart the service in sevice management. This did not appear to be necessary on my machine but I may well have set some service options previously (Auto start and mount perhaps).
    If I look at the disk with MS disk management the partitions are seen as Heathy (Primary Partition) no filing system details are shown.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 8:30:14 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

AFAIK the firmware for the 9200T was based on a fork of that for the 8000T (judged solely on the way the UI worked) so it would be reasonable to assume they both run on the same flavour of OS.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 9:27:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    dannyluc - I assumed it was (like their current range of PVR's).

I think that is a dangerous assumption; the 9200 uses a proprietary file system.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 9:46:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

There were posts on hummy.org on the file system of the 8000T. The posts stated that the 8000T uses a different propriety HDD format to the 9000 series.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 12:52:08 #8 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I don't know of any free programs but I believe DVR Studio will read the drive going by the information on their site (link), though it has the 9200t listed erroneously as DVB-S. There's a trial version so if it doesn't work you've only lost time trying.
    I've used it to edit 9200t files in the past but only after transfer by other means.

The file system id definitely different to either the 9200t or the later HDRs

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 15:18:42 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyluc

Hi Thanks for all your replies. I did some googling and read that the Humax 8000 + series uses 'encrypted header
    blocks STAVFS format'... I assumed they used the linux based software as the later models. But i will give 'DVR Studio ' a try according to 'aldaweb'.. Also does anyone know where i can download 'TwinRIP' which is ment to be another application that is designed to read and rip from Humax 8000 + series STAVFS format??

Thanks

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 15:57:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.