My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax PVR and FreeSat TV

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jamesie

Hi

I have a FreeSat TV and would like to be able to record programmes and pause/rewind live TV. I would therefore like advice on the correct product to buy - is an HDR1800T worthwhile or will there be a conflict with FreeView and FreeSat, and if so, are there any other better-suited products? Thanks for any advice andor recommendations.

| Sat 26 Dec 2015 13:28:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Do you have a satellite dish with a minimum of a twin-feed LNB? If not you will need to get one fitted if you want to record Freesat. If you don't want to go to the expense of a dish then the Freeview or Freeview Play recorders are your likely choice.

| Sat 26 Dec 2015 15:04:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jamesie

Hi - my TV is linked to a satellite dish with a single LNB.

| Sat 26 Dec 2015 16:39:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Buy a Freeview PVR such as HDR-1800T or HDR-2000T or FVP4000T, and then, assuming you have an aerial and have Freeview coverage in your area, you'll be able to view/record Freeview programmes, and still be able to view Freesat programmes using your Freesat TV.

Put your postcode into the DigitalUK postcode checker at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/ to check your likely Freeview coverage.

| Sat 26 Dec 2015 17:51:00 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.