My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax - Sharp practice

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Damn them. They send out an email on Monday saying Black Friday Starts Here with an HDR-1800 at £99. While stocks last. So I bought one. Now today on Black Friday, Humax are offering an HDR-2000 with higher storage for £89!!

That really sticks in my craw, Humax. Sharp practice of the worst kind. You just lost a loyal customer. I'll never buy another Humax, that's for sure as I don't like being taken for a mug.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 17:26:20 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Just a Dutch auction and perfectly standard business practise. I spent thousands on my first desktop PC thirty odd years ago and got the same amount of computing power as I have in my current digital watch costing a few tens of pounds. How outraged should I be about that?

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 21:11:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I don't really see your problem - you purchased what you obviously considered to be a bargain with the 1800T (and it is) then complain a completely different model is sold at a cheaper price a few days later.

You've just described business and what is a perfectly fair legitimate practice. Just like a greedy trout you snatched at the first fly you saw and got hooked. Don't try playing poker for a living - please.

| Fri 27 Nov 2015 23:39:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Gomezz...timescales, dear boy, timescales. You are talking 30 years between events. I am talking four days.

Faust - no, I bought something based on the information given to me at the time. To bring out another deal four days later is sharp practice. Nothing more and nothing less. I also see that they brought out an extra 10% on Saturday.

| Sun 29 Nov 2015 10:14:11 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.