My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax stopped copying files

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justme

Hi. New to this so hope someone can assist. I have a Humax HDR Fox T2. I have been recording TV shows and copying them to a USB stick which is formatted FAT32. Everything was working great until yesterday. I select the recorded file on the hard drive, click on the OPT+ then choose to move/copy. But instead of copying it to the USB as previously the whole box seems to shut down then reboot itself. There is still 290 GB of space on the USB stick and the files I'm trying to copy are only half hour recordings so am sure they are not over the 4GB limit for a FAT32 USB stick. I don't think the problem is with my USB as I can see and watch previously copied files via my Humax. Any ideas?

| Sun 31 Dec 2017 12:52:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Justme - 11 minutes ago  » There is still 290 GB of space on the USB stick

That is a lot of space for a USB flash drive. If you bought it for price it may well be a far smaller drive hacked to look like a bigger drive and you have now reached its real limit.
    Are you sure that it is not a fake?

Also have you tried a different USB flash drive since it started crashing or just a plan and simple USB hard drive?

| Sun 31 Dec 2017 13:07:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justme

I found one of my other smaller FAT32 USB sticks (8GB). I deleted a file to free up some space and low and behold I was able to copy on to it. So, the Humax seems to be back working again and, as you suggested, the fault seems to be with my 320GB USB stick/external drive (which I had purchased from a reputable dealer)

But as I have copied files onto this USB stick/external drive previously and the Humax does not say "cannot copy files due to insufficient storage space" I remain baffled and think from now on I will just stick to using a few of the smaller 8GB sticks.
    Thank you

| Sun 31 Dec 2017 14:23:44 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.