My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

Humax support

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandra

Has anyone had any experience of Humax support?

My HD Fox T2 bought last June has developed a faulty tuner around Xmas time. I emailed their customer support about it in February and got a reply telling me to contact technical support. I emailed them but havent had a reply.
    I would rather not phone them as they only appear to have an 0844 number and I could be held in a queue for a long time whereas if it was a normal number or 0845 I can call it at no additional cost on my inclusive phone package.

| Thu 29 Mar 2012 16:18:39 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

As the box is well within the guarantee period I would have thought the place you bought it from would be your first port of call.

| Thu 29 Mar 2012 21:42:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandra

I bought it from Humax Direct.
    I have bought a few different models over the years for friends and relatives directly from them, without any problems but this is the first time I have needed to contact them about anything.
    I sent an email to Graham North, I think hes the sales manager as hes the one I get regular emails off about updates and Humax news, so hopefully he will either contact me directly or get someone else to do so.
    It would be shame for a company who have made such good products for many years to be let down by having poor customer service.

| Fri 30 Mar 2012 2:45:55 #3 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

You need to call them. They don't often (if at all) respond to emails.

There is no avoiding calling Technical Support as they need to establish that your box is faulty before proceeding.

You can try finding an alternative number to the 0870 number by using http://www.saynoto0870.com/ but chances that you might not get hold of the Technical Support team.

| Fri 30 Mar 2012 10:43:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

There's no excuse for only having 0844 numbers. It's really bad customer service.

You could send them your phone number and ask for a call back or send them a letter. If there's no reply, send them a recorded delivery letter and if there's no reply from that send the box back and ask for a full refund plus postage costs.

Like I said there's no excuse for any company to hide behind purely 08xx numbers it's extremely poor service. Humax UK take note please.

You could contact Humax sales on 0208 326 6000 and ask them if they have a normal standard landline number for Humaxdirect and ask them to put that landline number along with all the 08xx numbers on their website

| Fri 30 Mar 2012 13:15:23 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

From

http://www.08numbers.net/08_call_costs.html

Low call rates.

0844 numbers are charged at up to five pence per minute at all times (certain ranges are charged at either 3, 4 or 5 pence) from a BT landline. This is defined by description as a low call rate number. Callers pay much more to call other number ranges including mobile, maybe landline or certainly 0845, 0870, 0871 & premium rate numbers. After free phone numbers, low call numbers are the next cheapest for the caller.

0844 cost to call.

0844 numbers cost up to five pence per minute at all times from a BT landline, some other networks do charge more but usually the charge is still roughly around the 5p/minute. The rate remains the same no matter what time of day these numbers are called. Ofcom have stated 0844 numbers are not to be affected by any planned 08 changes. These numbers are classed as low call rate numbers and are cheaper for the caller than national 0871 numbers or premium rate 09 numbers or most 07 numbers especially 070 numbers.

Bit of a storm in a teacup

| Fri 30 Mar 2012 13:19:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Might be a storm in a teacup for you,

however the prices can vary.
    My landline, not BT, has 08446 shown as a G6 service at 13p connection plus 5.1p per minute. The rates for 0844x vary, ie. 08443 is a G28 service.

My mobile:

0843 / 0844 / 0871 / 0872 – Click here to check the price
    Up to 20.4p per call +
    20.4p per minute on The
    One Plan. Up to 35p per
    call + 35p per minute on
    all other plans.

i.e. If I'm unlucky and using my mobile I could be charged up to 35p a minute!

10 - 20 minutes on hold with 0844 could be £3.50 to £7.00 and still counting if I'm still on hold or waiting.

Not quite a storm in a teacup afterall

Like I said, there's no excuse for any company to hide behind special numbers, expecially when it's almost impossible to find out what the price will be.

| Fri 30 Mar 2012 15:30:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandra

@ Graham
    When you pay for an extra package that gives anytime calls, including 0845 and 0870 numbers for up to an hour at no charge, then its a bit annoying to only have an 0844 number available to contact someone on.
    As you say 5p a minute isnt too bad if you are only on the phone for 10 minutes but I have been on hold on some of these systems for 30 or 40 minutes before being able to speak to someone about the problem.
    Emails save me and the manufacturer/supplier time and presumably money as they can be answered within a reasonable time at their convenience.

| Fri 30 Mar 2012 15:54:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandra

I received an email today from Mark White, an advisor at Humax technical & customer support services with a warranty form attached that I have to fill in and email back to them so they can arrange to collect and repair the box.
    Hopefully it wont take too long to sort it out now

| Wed 4 Apr 2012 2:47:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandra

I emailed their form back to them on 4th April but didnt hear any more so I re sent it on the 20th and got a reply the following day saying that they would arrange to pick it up today and a second email saying that they would deliver one today.
    A replacement box has just been delivered and exchenaged for teh faulty one.

So eventually Humax have come good, I just wish they had replied more quickly to my emails or had a normal telephone number that we knew how much it was going to cost to contact them on.

| Mon 23 Apr 2012 15:44:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.