My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax T2 replacement hard disk 2020

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cullenr2

It is now October 2020 and I have the problem of a Humax hard disk failing. In fact this is the second one that has failed. I am feed up with Seagate Pipeline disks. Also as they are not readily available I'm wondering if those that are available are just refurbs being pushed onto the market. Anyway I decided to try something different and went with a 2Tb WD purple disk, WD10EZEX. These are for use in surveillance systems and designed for 24 hour running. My only concern was the playback speed, but the disk has now been in use for nearly a month and it is working fine.

If I have any problems with it I will post the information here.

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 18:26:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cullenr2 - 22 mins ago  » 
    It is now October 2020 and I have the problem of a Humax hard disk failing. In fact this is the second one that has failed. I am feed up with Seagate Pipeline disks. Also as they are not readily available I'm wondering if those that are available are just refurbs being pushed onto the market. Anyway I decided to try something different and went with a 2Tb WD purple disk, WD10EZEX. These are for use in surveillance systems and designed for 24 hour running. My only concern was the playback speed, but the disk has now been in use for nearly a month and it is working fine.
    If I have any problems with it I will post the information here.

Speed is not an issue. Even HD programmes use bitrates way below even the slowest hard disk. BBC-HD recordings are generally lowest and lower than the best SD recordings of the last generation encoders. Aprox 7000kbps

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 18:52:25 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.