My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax t2000 not udating ot allowing me to do anyth

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billthebus

Got a 3 year old Humax T2000 used as in the bedroom and when i tried turning on 2 nights ago it said software update do not turn off the system. After about 2 mins of doing nothing it then changes to screen saying E009 New Software not found the system will restart now and goes back to original software update page. Will not allow me to do anything with it at all, tried unplugging but still no good.

It says current version software version UKTFAC 1.01.16 SYSTEM ID 80BC7E10 LOADER VERSION UKTFAC 1.02
    NEW VERSION UKTFAC 1.01.18 SYSTEM ID 80BC7E10 LOADER VERSION UKTFAC 1.02 Downloading and total progress remain at nil.

It is not normally connected to internet but have tried moving to main TV and plugging direct to the modem but still does nothing. I seem to remember having a similar problem when a couple of months old and as i had no access to internet Humax sent me a data stick with update on it.

Can anyone advise how i either get access to the update or get back to using the unit as it was before it tried updating. TIA

Attachments

1. humax_3.jpg (50.1 KB, 0 downloads) 6 years old
    2. humax_2.jpg (46.4 KB, 0 downloads) 6 years old
    3. humax_1.jpg (48.7 KB, 0 downloads) 6 years old
    | Tue 26 Sep 2017 21:01:39 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Update is available from Humax Support page for users to upload via USB:

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=12&product_id=794&curr_page=sw_release

| Tue 26 Sep 2017 21:05:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billthebus

thanks for reply. Downloaded file to laptop but have no way of extracting zip file. The instructions may as well be in Martian. Why are things made so difficult to the lay man in the street. I was working perfectly well without any upgrades so why can i not carry on as it was.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 17:54:48 #3 |
  4. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

What OS do you have on the laptop? Native windows can open standard zip files in Windows Explorer.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:04:02 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Billthebus - 8 minutes ago  » 
    thanks for reply. Downloaded file to laptop but have no way of extracting zip file. The instructions may as well be in Martian. Why are things made so difficult to the lay man in the street. I was working perfectly well without any upgrades so why can i not carry on as it was.

What operating system do you have on your computer ?

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:04:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billthebus

windows 10, Google Chrome. Its offering to open in internet explorer but when i click open nothing happens. Cannot understand why when plugged in direct to the modem it does not just download

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:13:13 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Billthebus - 2 minutes ago  » 
    windows 10, Google Chrome. Its offering to open in internet explorer but when i click open nothing happens. Cannot understand why when plugged in direct to the modem it does not just download

Windows 10 has built in zip file extraction. Create a normal folder (right click new). Using Windows Explorer drag the zip file to the folder you created. Hint set Windows Explorer not to hide known file extensions,

http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/26/

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:19:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billthebus

not sure what i done but left it alone for a while connected to modem and all is working now. How do i know if its updated?

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:27:50 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Check software version details in system menu:

Menu
    Settings
    System
    System Information

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:31:53 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billthebus

Thanks each, very strangely its updated itself. Had it connected over 24 hours and did nothing, 10 minutes left alone and all sorted.

Good to see your still helping people out Graham by the way.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 19:16:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.