My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax TV Portal

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerryburne

I tried using the TV Portal for the first time today. BBC iPlayer works OK but when I attempt to play a station in Internet Radio the screen says "loading" and then the PVR re-boots and resumes on the last used TV Channel. I wonder if other Forum users have been able to get Internet Radio to work?

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 11:40:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gerryburne - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I tried using the TV Portal for the first time today. BBC iPlayer works OK but when I attempt to play a station in Internet Radio the screen says "loading" and then the PVR re-boots and resumes on the last used TV Channel.

I assume your box is not using the latest software. You need to update to 1.02.29 (which has not been broadcast OTA) to fix the problem with Internet radio.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 11:57:11 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Requires firmware 1.0.29.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=182

EDIT

Martin pipped me to the post.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 11:58:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerryburne

Thank you Martin and Graham. I tried following your advice and placed a copy of the resulting file "hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf" onto a USB Stick that I had formated FAT32 so that that was all that is on it. I followed the instructions for installing the new software but find that when I power on the PVR it just sits there with "start system" on the box display and '"HUMAX" Ver a7.33 on the TV Screen. The PVR shows no sign of wanting to perform any updating. If you have any further advice I will be pleased to receive it.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 13:41:20 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You aren't by any chance using the remote to power the box are you ? You have to use the power button on the box and hold it in till you see the update screen.

Otherwise try a different USB stick.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 13:51:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 33 minutes ago  » 
    You aren't by any chance using the remote to power the box are you ?

Nothing wrong with doing it like that; it is what the instructions on the Humax web site suggest.

You have to use the power button on the box and hold it in till you see the update screen.

I think you are getting confused with the HD; it isn't required for the HDR.

Otherwise try a different USB stick.

Agreed.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 14:28:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerryburne

Thanks once again, gentlemen. I did try both methods, i.e. using the remote as suggested on the humax web instructions and also using the main ON/OFF switch as suggested in the text document that accompanies the download. I am now busy formatting an alternative USB stick and will try that and report if that makes a difference.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 14:49:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

gerryburne

Using a different USB stick has solved the problem!!!!

New software now installed and Internet Radio now works.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Now if I can trust my new hummy to record when I ask it to, I will be able to retire my old 9300T.

If there is anyway I may repay your kindness please let me know.

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 15:21:24 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.