My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax tv software??

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spiderman

I think I'm the only human in this country who has a humax TV as no one else seems to even have seen / heard of such a thing.

Anyhoo, humax UK can't help me with software for the hard drive that came with the TV to enable recording as they don't support the TVs anymore.

And now my hard drive has corrupted itself so I can't record anything or pause / rewind live TV which was the main reason I bought the TV in the fisdr place instead of a TV and a separate box.

So, anyone know of the TV model LBG-22DRT? Or if they happen to have the software for it?

On the other hand and advice about software to stick on another hard drive to make it record / rewind would be really welcome. Its a bedroom TV and apart from the hard drive works fine so I'm gutted to has to get rid of it just for a piece of software that I can't find.

Sorry for the essay, hope I've covered everything though, lol.

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 22:12:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

If I recall correctly the recording side of the Humax recordable TVs were similar to the single tuner 8000T and NOT stored on the hard drive.
    In the TV's menus is there not an option to format the hard drive?

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 23:20:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It's not the TV I thought it was but from the manual

"1. It is recommended to use the supplied hard disk drive. This TV provides best performance with the supplied hard disk drive. If you connect the other hard disk drive to your TV, the TV will format it."

This means that the software definitely is NOT stored on the hard drive!

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 23:24:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Try formatting the drive before replacing:

You can check the free space of the connected hard disk drive and format (erase) the disk drive if necessary.
    1 Press the MENU button.
    2 Select Recording
    3 Select HDD Control 4 You can check the free, used, reserved and total space of the HDD.
    5 Select Format and press the OK button to remove all the recorded
    programmes saved on the HDD and initialise the HDD.
    6 Select Yes

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 23:33:09 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Spiderman - 3 hours ago  » 
    I think I'm the only human in this country who has a humax TV as no one else seems to even have seen / heard of such a thing.

You are not alone, I have a 19" Humax TV in the bedroom. Although a small telly it has a good speaker system built into its 'sound bar' type base so has much better sound quality than just about all flat TVs. I wonder why this never caught on, ah yes, manufacturers wanted to sell us separate sound bars to go with their super slim TVs. I now see Humax are offering super slim sound bars, doesn't that defeat the object.

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 1:56:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spiderman

Luke - thanks for your replies mate, the TV would offer the option to format the hard drive for sure, the problem is that the hrd drive itself seems to be stuck in some sort of a loop!

When I turn the TV on it says "waiting" and its apparently reading the HDD at this time, then a few seconds pass and TV comes on and HDD is running in he background.

The other day however, it just suck at the waiting screen. I've tried everything I can think of, off & on a gazzilion times, yet the same issue each time. I've left it a the waiting stage go a couple of hours while I've gone out and come back only to find it still waiting ffs.

If I could get past this bit I'd happily use the format option you describe above.

I've just tried using a large capacity USB stick and the first thing I says is not waiting now but "do you want to format a hard drive?" - yes and no options only, I've said yes and a few seconds pass and iu says " hard drive formatted", TV reboots and then says the same "do you wanna..." Routine!!!
    Aaaaaarrrrghhhh!!!

Any ideas are welcome people, I'm wiling to try anything to resolve this.

Biggles - yay and other smart dude, lol, it is a cracking bit of kit with the sound bar all built in isn't it, you can under and why I dont want to scrap it just because of this stupid hard drive issue, right?

Does yours record by the way?

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 21:46:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Have you an external hard drive that you can try rather than a USB flash drive? Preferably an old fashioned one without power saving.

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 23:27:22 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.