My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax unsupported audio signal

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

I have a Humax 2000-T Freeview recorder serving a large Sony Bravia TV in the lounge via HDMI and a smaller Sony Bravia in the bedroom served via a short scart lead to an AEI (wireless) Video Sender.

Whenever I switch on the recorder the following warning appears on the TV screen as the recorder “boots up”.

“Unsupported audio signal. Check your device output”

Once booted up, there seems to be no problem with the sound on either TV so why am I getting this warning?

A second problem (which may be related). If the recorder is switched on before the TV has booted, I get no sound at all which can only be remedied by switching off the recorder for a couple of minutes before trying again. Naturally, I always try to ensure that the TV is switched on first but sometimes forget!

I just don’t understand the reasons behind these two occurrences, can anyone explain?

Vin Blanc

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 15:16:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Your second problem is a common one - suffered by myself amongst others. It appears, IIRC, to be a handshaking problem with the HDMI connection. Humax seem unwilling to accept it's their problem, or to try and solve it.

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 18:12:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

Thanks for your prompt reply colirv, you are probably right.

Must say that I’m totally unimpressed with the 2000-T. Not a patch on my Foxsat-HDR (satellite) but I suppose that’s “Progress”!

Vin Blanc

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 15:43:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

Vin Blanc - 4 months ago  » If the recorder is switched on before the TV has booted, I get no sound at all which can only be remedied by switching off the recorder for a couple of minutes before trying again. Naturally, I always try to ensure that the TV is switched on first but sometimes forget!

Vin Blanc

I have this morning switched on my Humax 2000-T before the TV.

I then switched on the Sony Bravia TV and Bingo! both vision and sound.

Seems like the previous HDMI problem has been resolved, but whether by Sony or Humax I have no idea. But who cares? it now seems to work whichever is switched on first!

Vin Blanc

| Sun 22 May 2016 14:18:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Vin Blanc - 4 months ago  » 
    Thanks for your prompt reply colirv, you are probably right.
    Must say that I’m totally unimpressed with the 2000-T. Not a patch on my Foxsat-HDR (satellite) but I suppose that’s “Progress”!
    Vin Blanc

It could be worse, you might just have purchased the 4000T instead.

| Sun 22 May 2016 14:20:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Vin Blanc

I have this morning switched on my Humax 2000-T before the TV.
    I then switched on the Sony Bravia TV and Bingo! both vision and sound.
    Seems like the previous HDMI problem has been resolved, but whether by Sony or Humax I have no idea. But who cares? it now seems to work whichever is switched on first!
    Vin Blanc
    Update: False alarm - original problem soon returned.

Now a proven fact. The HDR-2000T definately has sound issues when connected to a Sony Bravia TV via an HDMI cable.

Vin Blanc

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 18:10:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

I've been seeing this problem too... I haven't experimented too much yet to see if one sequence or another provokes or prevents the problem. Very irritating - it happens one or two times each day when switching the TV/Humax on.

| Tue 20 Sep 2016 13:42:05 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.