My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax ver a7.31

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert Goodbier

Hope you can help me:-
    earlier today we changed tv over to Humax and all that is happening is the following-
    Across the middle of tv screen is the the word HUMAX and lower down on the left is
    ver a7.31
    It will then change to black screen, then back to HUMAX etc., then does it all again.
    We have left it doing this for over 2 hours thinking it maybe updating itself, but now I'm not too sure!
    It did something similar in early January when our daughter was visiting us, and she did what I am doing now. Then it seemed to take an hour or so, but eventually it worked.
    Am I doing the correct thing now?
    If so I will just leave it alone for the time being, but if its still wrong, what then?
    Could you also tell if there are updates, should happen automatically?
    Yours Robert Goodbier
    PS If it sorts itself soon, I will inform you!

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 13:57:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

a7.31 sounds like the loader widget that loads the main software on startup.

Mainly HDR-FOX T2s sold from about November 2011 to July 2012 had a loader version of a7.31.

Is it an HDR-FOX T2 that you are asking?

Updates for the HDR-FOX T2 these days are purely via USB flash drives.
    https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=2641&curr_page=sw_release
    (Ignore that bit on that link that states that the loader is a7.34 as it is not relevant.)

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 14:14:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Robert Goodbier - 16 mins ago  » 
    Could you also tell if there are updates, should happen automatically?
    PS If it sorts itself soon, I will inform you!

You haven't told us which model of Humax box you have; I would guess that it is an HDR-FOX T2? If it is, the problem won't be an update as the HDR-FOX T2 will only receive automatic updates via the aerial and that type of update stopped being transmitted several years ago. The HDR-FOX T2 boxes are getting old and there are increasing numbers of issues due to components failing due to age. This sounds a bit like an issue that has been traced to a faulty capacitor; the problem is fixable by someone used to doing electronic repairs.

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 14:20:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robert Goodbier

Thank you, you are correct about the model it is HDR-FOX T2.
    The question now is - do I try to get it fixed or replace it with a new model?
    I'm thinking that a new one should solve the problem.
    Thanks again
    Robert Goodbier

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 14:30:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Robert Goodbier - 2 hours ago  » 
    The question now is - do I try to get it fixed or replace it with a new model?

Good question. Only you can answer; if you know somebody who is handy with fixing electronics and wouldn't charge much then getting it fixed would be a good idea. If not a new box would seem a sensible choice.

I'm thinking that a new one should solve the problem.

Yes it would solve the problem. I would suggest you look at the Humax Aura and Manhattan T3-R.

| Fri 8 Apr 2022 17:20:19 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.