My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Humax youview HDMI output is blank

(20 posts)
  1. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

Then you are lucky, lots of people seem to have the problem. My fix above is still OK.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:35:53 #11 |
  2. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

Update. John Lewis say they will give me a refund, so I've bought a new box. OK so far ...

Only problem is I want to watch the stuff on the old box, and RGB doesn't work. GRRRRRR!

New thread started for RGB problem.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 13:16:20 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johns

I have had this problem with my HDR 1000s since I got it in the autumn - and that was to replace a FOXSAT HDR box that had terminally gone to "video mode not supported" on my Phillips HD TV. I had been putting up with the arrangement, because as long as the TV was switched on first and/or you switched off the HDR 1000s at the wall socket for a few minutes, you could eventually get to HD signal on the tv (an alternative, lower grade signal has always been possible using a SCART and the EXT option on my TV).
    However my TV now refuses to show an HD picture from the Humax, no matter what variation of new & alternate cabling or manual reconfiguration of TV or Humax that I try.
    I know that the HD input to my TV still works as I can still see it on a non-freesat Labgear stellite box that I can use as a check subsitute.
    So I am likely to accept that the HDR 1000s no longer wants to talk to the Phillips, and perhaps a new TV beckons, though I will make sure I get some assurance that Humax and new TV get on. But first I will try a factory reset on the HDR 1000s, since it seems these problems may have arisen from recent Huamx software or firmaware updates. But my manual says I will lose my recordings (not so on my old FOXSAT HDR)so I will need to run down the recordings first.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 15:28:29 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You won't lose recordings on a reset, you will lose your recording schedule and have to set this up. again. Only a disk format will delete your recordings.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 15:33:20 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

johns

Thanks for prompt comment. I think you must be right, though manual on page 27 says "factory reset your box which will erase all the settings and recordings". But, as you say, it may well mean recording schedule, not recordings.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 15:41:08 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

johns - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for prompt comment. I think you must be right, though manual on page 27 says "factory reset your box which will erase all the settings and recordings". But, as you say, it may well mean recording schedule, not recordings.

Just making sure it is a HDR1000s you are going to reset ? If so done this many times. I believe there is an issue with re-setting a Youview box (I don't have one)

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 16:00:28 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

johns - which model is the Philips TV?

Have you disabled Easylink on the TV? Doing this and turning TV on first soled my problem with my series 5500 TV.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 16:26:37 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Just making sure it is a HDR1000s you are going to reset ? If so done this many times. I believe there is an issue with re-setting a Youview box (I don't have one)

If a YouView box, best to use Maintenance Mode, as that's more likely to fix the problem and has an option to keep recordings.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 17:15:52 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 5 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

If a YouView box, best to use Maintenance Mode, as that's more likely to fix the problem and has an option to keep recordings.

OP says it's a HDR1000S, just concerned that there is no confusion bearing in mind the thread title

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 17:22:18 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

johns

Sorry for linking in a HDR1000S issue into another product but fault was similar.
    Last night tried a factory reset, then later a software update using the June file Humax HDR-1000S-1010S_data.zip. Both seemed to process, but when I looked again (via SCART & EXT signal)the software was still showing as January 2014's 2.00.05, and of course, my lack of HD picture was still there. Just now tried the earlier HDR 1000S_1.00.22 zip from January 2013, and hey presto! HD is back.

I think it cannot be just a coincidence that my intermittent HD problems started after last summer's software update, and the total failure of HD on my Philips TV (admittedly a relatively old one - FP234310)happened on the day that the 2.00.05 software was broadcast.

My problen now might be that the software updates on my HDR1000S are automatic, so I may turn it on tomorrow and find out that it has updated and HD is lost again.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 13:37:02 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.