My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Humax YouView - redefining flakey

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Out of the box, it complained that it had no TV signal. Funny that as I just unplugged the aerial lead from another device that was working fine. Maybe the aerial lead is dodgy? replug back to the original device and works just fine. OK...go through various menu and settings options and finally persuade it to do a retune and stop kicking up a fuss about a non-existent TV signal problem. And, yes, it did ask me for which region I wanted to 'mine' - which is a plus point. But....and this is the big but..

Disappointingly poor at handling error conditions gracefully. Trying to watch a film on Netflix and it goes so far and then stalls at 25%. Finally the error message comes up saying 'not connected to the internet'. However, looking at the diagnostics still shows a connection. My router still shows it as an attached device. Other devices access the internet just fine. OK..I'm using TP-Link Powerline adapters and so conceivably these could be causing the problem.

But here's the kicker. Under this condition of 'no internet access', the box becomes totally unresponsive...you can exit Netflix fine but then it stalls at Player/Apps and just shows 'loading'. Impossible to back out to try and watch normal TV...keeps complaining that 'I can't do that' or some such words. Then you get the YVM104 message.

So can anyone tell me why the box is bitching about YVM104 and won't let me gracefully exit from the error condition and watch normal TV? What has Internet access got to do with watching TV? The only option seems to be to switch it off and then back on again. Which is great if you are recording something (well, I might be...we shall see in the morning).

Flakey just about sums up Humax YouView. Dismal.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 0:13:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

countryman - 40 minutes ago  »  What has Internet access got to do with watching TV? The only option seems to be to switch it off and then back on again. Which is great if you are recording something (well, I might be...we shall see in the morning).

When my DTR-T2100 gets its knickers in a twist with whether or not it is internet connected or not I just remove the cable from its Ethernet socket so that watching TV becomes practical again.

On most days that I use it I need to go through the internet connection menu to get it going again.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 1:01:40 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.