My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax1800T

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissie7

Does the 1800T have to be powered on to record. If so can I get it to do this automatically as I am unable to record anything at the moment if it is standby. I am testing it now powered on all the time to see if it works but don't want to leave it constantly on

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 23:10:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Set the programmes you wish to record via the EPG, put the machine into standby, either low power or not low power, take a flight to Mars and when you return your programmes will be waiting for you. Just press the Media button on the remote to access them.

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 23:23:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrissie7 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Does the 1800T have to be powered on to record. If so can I get it to do this automatically as I am unable to record anything at the moment if it is standby. I am testing it now powered on all the time to see if it works but don't want to leave it constantly on

This was a fault present in the original firmware. I would suggest your first step is to check the firmware version and if necessary upgrade to the latest version.

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 0:26:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissie7

Faust. Have tried this but doesn't work no recordings but does if I leave it powered on. Only bought box on Saturday but not a novice!!! Will look at the software upgrade option. Thanks martin do you know which is the latest version. I have checked the box but doesn't have an option to upgrade

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 7:24:28 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

The latest version is 1.01.13 with loader 1.04

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 8:15:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissie7

Have got 1.00.27. Loader 1.04. Can't see anywhere to get an update in the settings menu.

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 8:45:06 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It should have updated automatically overnight if left in standby, so you could try that tonight or

You can update via:

Usb pendrive or IP if connected via internet otherwise:

Menu
    Installation (0000 for zero's is default password)
    Software update
    Automatic update

Note: There are reports of users having problems with OTA update, it might take sometime to download and update, but if the unit is left to its own devices it should update eventually.

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 9:13:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrissie7 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have got 1.00.27. Loader 1.04.

Yes that is the version which won't record from standby.

Can't see anywhere to get an update in the settings menu.

Try Menu>Settings>Installation>Automatic search for the Over the Air method or connect the HUmax to a router and it should download the update automatically or you can update via a USB memory stick.

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 11:19:09 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

How much old stock have retailers got? It does appear that Humax have shot themselves in the foot with this, as if people are not aware of this forum or others then they must wonder what on earth they have purchased.

Maybe some sort of 'information update flyer' should be going out with the product.

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 13:14:28 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.