My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

I emailed my thoughts to Humax Support...

(2 posts)
  1. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I've just sent this email to Humax and thought I'd share it here. If I get a response; I'll post that too.

"I've had my FVP 4000T 2TB Nero for, two months now and I thought I’d share a few thoughts. So far I have had no major problems, and I’ve not experienced the issue others have reported about it failing to turn on when recording, it always switches on when want it to. Whether this is because it talks nicely to my Samsung TV or because I have it set to switch on before any recordings start if I don’t already have it on, I don’t really know.

I do have a few minor quibbles re the interface and how many button presses it takes to get where I want to be, A few more shortcuts or dedicated buttons would be much appreciated. And the remote control could be better designed, but a couple of clear door bumpers affixed to the OK and Play buttons have made it a little easier to operate by touch in a darkened room.

I've got used to the EPG as well, although I don’t really use it as others appear to; I’ve always used a listings magazine to plan my viewing and I only use it to schedule recordings. Having said that, when I select a future date, I do wish I could choose the default time rather than it always starting at noon.

My biggest issue is the way the list of recordings is displayed; I really don't need to see a thumbnail, which almost invariably doesn't correspond to the recorded programme, and severely limits the number of visible recordings to just six. I now have almost 100 recordings and without the ability to see these in a list view, and/or sort them alphabetically, it is becoming increasingly difficult and laborious to find the recording I want to watch. I hope this is addressed in a future update.

Despite these gripes I'm very happy that I bought the 4000T, the picture quality is fantastic, it is almost silent and with only a few exceptions it has satisfactorily recorded everything I’ve scheduled.

However, because it is so easy to record up to four programmes at once, the problem I now have is finding the time to watch them all.

Regards"

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 14:54:07 #1 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I just received a reply from Humax, fairly standard, and not completely accurate, as I didn't exactly say that I had no issues, just not the major problems others had experienced.

Thank you for contacting Humax.

I am glad to hear you are not experiencing any issues with your unit and that you are enjoying it all in all.

We appreciate all feedback and will certainly take this on board to better our units for the future.

Best Regards,

Bethan
    Humax Customer Support

| Thu 10 Mar 2016 17:14:40 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.