My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

I used to be able to web browse my Hummy

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

twesley

I used to be able to Web Browse my Hummy on my wi-fi network but now I can ping the IP address of my Hummy 192.168.1.67 but when I enter the address in IE browser my pc can't find it. I'm on 1.02.28 software version & using IE Windows 7. I'm trying to do this because my nicesplice no longer works

| Sun 22 Jul 2012 8:58:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

twesley - 1 hour ago  » 
    I used to be able to Web Browse my Hummy on my wi-fi network but now I can ping the IP address of my Hummy 192.168.1.67 but when I enter the address in IE browser my pc can't find it. I'm on 1.02.28 software version & using IE Windows 7.

Did you update the custom software when the standard software updated to 1.02.28 happened?

| Sun 22 Jul 2012 10:31:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

twesley

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. My last software update was 26/5/12 1.02.28 a7.31. I'd used nicesplice successfully during Jubilee in June. I went to use it yesterday & it didn't cut & chop, no matter which folder I put the recording into with its bookmarks, so I thought ah, I remember when I first installed nicesplice, there was something that said it had to relate to the current version of the Hummy software, so that' s what I was attempting to do by using my IE browser to access my hummy. Then I encountered this problem where I can ping the Ip address but can't access it using my browser - have tried Chrome, Firefox & IE - unless I can download customised software without browsing my Hummy?
    Thanks

| Sun 22 Jul 2012 11:00:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

twesley

All done!! Many thanks Martin - you'd sent me down the right path It was so long ago since I first installed the customised firmware - have now made copious notes for next time. I was making it more complicated than necessary !!
    Thanks Again
    Tony

| Sun 22 Jul 2012 13:21:27 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.