My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Identifying a 1 TB box

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dougwizz

I recently bought, via an established internet company, Humax FoxSAT-HDR HD FreeSat+ PVR 1TB. My questions are:

How do you know it has 1 TB? I can't see anything on the equipment itself.
    Is it possible to see total capacity in menu somewhere ?

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 13:53:36 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Go into the File Manager and follow your nose.

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 14:08:21 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can't see the capacity in the menus. Easiest way to tell is the percentage of hard disc space used by HD recordings. Once you have accumulated around say 10 hrs of HD recordings check the free space. For a 1TB the used space will be about 4-5%, double that on a 500GB model.

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 14:12:08 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Not in front of my unit at the moment, but does not the HDD Control in System menu give an indication of HDD space.

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 14:23:11 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Not in front of my unit at the moment, but does not the HDD Control in System menu give an indication of HDD space.

As always Barry you are correct, Mine says used 642.4GB and free 338.7GB. Be carefull not to format yout hdd though

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 14:54:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dougwizz

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

Barry - 29 minutes ago  » 

As always Barry you are correct, Mine says used 642.4GB and free 338.7GB. Be carefull not to format yout hdd though

Oh dear, as part of the installation set up and not knowing any different, I did say yes to formatting HDD, not sure what that meant, can it be unformatted, I doubt it?

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 19:08:43 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you had no existing recordings it makes no difference (as you say you can't undo it). While you are reading this it would be worth selecting to format both partitions and use the slider to reduce the music/photo partition to it's minimum size of 1GB (assuming you are not intending to upload loads of photos and jpeg photos, these can be replayed from a isb disc anyway). This gives the maximum space for recording TV.

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 19:18:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dougwizz

grahamlthompson - 20 minutes ago  » 
    If you had no existing recordings it makes no difference (as you say you can't undo it). While you are reading this it would be worth selecting to format both partitions and use the slider to reduce the music/photo partition to it's minimum size of 1GB (assuming you are not intending to upload loads of photos and jpeg photos, these can be replayed from a isb disc anyway). This gives the maximum space for recording TV.

Yes your instructions worked, it is a 1 TB - many thanks for your help. I will look into into adjusting maximum space for recording TV. Thanks again for all comments.

| Sun 4 Sep 2011 19:41:37 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.