My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

If this forum is supported by Humax

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

muskie478

If this forum is supported by Humax why are there still so many problems left unfixed. I have been a loyal Humax supporter for many years but the updates are useless. currently just changed a fvp5000t which failed to record for 6 days whilst away and kept having to be unplugged to get it to turn on. The remote and menu is harder to use than previous pre FVP 4000/5000 versions. Why?
    The H3 is poor with virtually no fast forward and terrible pause. Also the failure of having the ability to delete from main box or to set recordings. It's like is half way there but can't get to an excellent product so left a poor the medium.
    The app or my humax on internet is hit and miss if it will accept a recording .
    So basically the ideas are good but the execution of them seriously needs improving.

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 16:21:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

muskie478 - 57 minutes ago  » 
    If this forum is supported by Humax why are there still so many problems left unfixed.

This forum is not supported by Humax so what is your point?

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 17:19:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

muskie478

Martin good point. so what is the point of the forum? with no Humax input it's just gossip.

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 17:56:36 #3 |
  4. RogerB

RogerB

special member

The point is that other members can provide you with fixes and workarounds. Hardly gossip - which is usually not based on any evidence or personal experience. R-

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 18:50:36 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

muskie478 - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Martin good point. so what is the point of the forum? with no Humax input it's just gossip.

Barry has contacts at Humax towers. Although they have no direct involvement they can and do read the threads.

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 18:51:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

muskie478

Graham. thanks for reply but again if they read comments why no improvements? The only answer for that is from Humax but until then it's back to the original question .

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 19:38:01 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

muskie478 - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Graham. thanks for reply but again if they read comments why no improvements? The only answer for that is from Humax but until then it's back to the original question .

An improvement to you could be a retrogade issue to others. I have seen this many times. There are some issues on the Freesat smart boxes that to me seem to be rather daft. So far Freesat seem to persist in not changing the UI.

I have no experience of the H3 box, from other comments it does seem to be very much a work in progress. Perhaps it's down to lack of experience with Android. For many years Humax boxes have used Linux.

Also no experience of the 4000T, apart from the slow UI I can't say my 5000T has been anything other than reliable in it's primary function of making recordings.

However my 5000T boots up multiple times a day when using other infra red kit. None of my other Humax boxes are affected, I can only assume there's some sort of bug embedded in the 5000T infra red remote handling code.

Why they insist on showing the newest recording rather than the oldest first is pretty baffling.

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 20:42:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

muskie478

Graham yes the old system was quick and user friendly these new 4000 and 5000 h3 are slow and a large backward step.
    if it was that we wanted the use of H3 they would have been sent back as unfit for purpose. we have 5 older models going back years and they are better and more user friendly and yes WHY list new first? I have got to the point of going to church to pray for an improvement well hopefully he might listen

| Thu 26 Apr 2018 21:27:17 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.