My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

INFORMATION

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Allan S

how do you get information on the programme you are watching on live tv as there does not appear to be an info button.

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 17:50:27 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Press the OK button twice.

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 18:33:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Allan S

Thanks Barry

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 11:09:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

How do you get info on other live channels please - going into the guide and pressing OK on another live channel causes the Humax to change channel not display info ?

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 0:36:58 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

When the guide is displayed it initially provides now/next info for all channels, press right once, then you can highlight a future programme and press OK to get info.

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 1:00:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Thanks for prompt reply but my question relates to getting info on "now" programs rather than future ones - it seems impossible without actually changing channel ?

Correction to above comment - I misunderstood. Yes I see how to get info on "now" programs now but it is still so much more hassle than all my previous humax boxes, don't understand why they didn't put an i button on remote.

Thanks

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 1:27:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I can only assume there has been a translation error into Korean of the old and wise saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Humax has obviously translated this as "if it ain't broke DO fix it". Otherwise how can getting rid of the universal info button be otherwise explained? Total madness.

Just a few short years ago Humax appeared to have the PVR market totally sorted. It now appears they are going out of their way to ruin a good reputation by turning out products that would once have never got passed first stage quality control.

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 9:47:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The information shown to the user influences viewing choices. Content providers want more control over the information and how it's presented. So viewers are increasingly encouraged to consult second-screen apps or onboard features like Showcase, to choose their programmes.

Doing away with the info button altogether is a little startling though. Do the FVP tv remotes still have an information button I wonder?

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 10:50:14 #8 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I wonder if there is an info button code programmable into a Harmony or OFA remote in the same way as a discrete on or off code is. I don't mean use a macro though that would be an alternative.

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 18:28:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

One other question, how do you call up program info for a recorded program currently being watched - there seems to be no way to do this without exiting the program ?

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 1:24:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.