My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Instant Repay

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

grandpabob

I have recently bought FVP-5000T recorder in the playback options there is Instant Replay Time
    What is that?
    Bob

| Wed 22 Jan 2020 19:49:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grandpabob - 42 mins ago  » 
    I have recently bought FVP-5000T recorder in the playback options there is Instant Replay Time
    What is that?
    Bob

You have two threads this one with a typo.

Martin has answered already. To expand the skip functions on this box have default settings of minus 2 seconds and plus 2 mins. They allow you to skip ad breaks very quickly.

The defaults work pretty well.

When watching a recording with ad breaks and the ads start as most are around 4 mins, try this.

When the ads start press the OK button. If the progress indicator is not blue press up to select it. Press the right button around OK to skip forward 2 minutes. Press again to skip another 2 mins. Idf you overshoot keep pressing left till you see the ads. Stop pressing the programme will resume with 2 seconds.

You can use the menus to adjust the forward and reverse skip durations.

If you combine this with ability of the box to playback a recording as it happens (chasing playback). You can watch a programme with ads and finish viewing around the same time as the programme.

example A 30 mins recording starts on ITV at say 19:00. At 19:04 you press the recordings button and select the recording at the top of the recording list and press OK. Skip the ads as described very quickly then when viewing the recording finishes around the same time as the actual programme.

| Wed 22 Jan 2020 20:41:06 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.