My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Intermitent starting problem

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Neil UK

Hello all.
    I just joined your site in the hope that someone can help us. We have been using our FOX T2 for quite some time now and are very happy with it but in the last month or two, sometimes when switching it on it displays 'STARTING SYSTEM' and I can hear the hard drive churning away but after some time it gives up that try and starts over again getting as far as the 'STARTING SYSTEM' message. Sometimes it takes 1,2 or even 3 hours of this before it suddenly bursts into life and works perfectly. Sometimes it will turn on 10 times in a row fine then have the problem once or more times in a row. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.
    We would be very grateful if anyone has an idea of how we can stop this from happening again as we can no longer rely on the machine and really like it.

Thanks very much,

Neil and family.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 22:15:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

electrogen

My HDR FOX T2 has started to suffer the same problem. Can anyone help?

| Fri 24 Jun 2016 13:47:39 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You could try a reset to factory defaults. Failing that install the custom firmware available for this model (Hummy.TV) and run the included disk filing system and repair utility.

Welcome to both of you to our forum.

| Fri 24 Jun 2016 14:02:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

electrogen

Thanks, Graham. This afternoon I re-installed the 1.01.09 software update which I had installed a couple of years ago to get rid of the 'deleting loop' problem. It may have cleared the intermittent start-up problem - I've just done a few start-ups and timed recordings and all seems ok now. I'll report back in a few days after it's had some more use.

| Fri 24 Jun 2016 17:37:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

electrogen - 2 hours ago  » 
    This afternoon I re-installed the 1.01.09 software update which I had installed a couple of years ago to get rid of the 'deleting loop' problem. It may have cleared the intermittent start-up problem - I've just done a few start-ups and timed recordings and all seems ok now.

My guess would be that it is coincidence but interested to hear what you find in the future.

| Fri 24 Jun 2016 19:51:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

electrogen

Martin, your guess was correct. It soon started misbehaving again and has got progressively worse, and most of the time it's completely dead, and just occasionally starts up. I'll be returning it to Richer Sounds as it is still under their 5-year guarantee.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 15:08:32 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.