My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Intermittant HDCP Errors on Sony TV

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

crocks

Hi

I am getting Intermittant HDCP Errors on Sony TV at random times, sometimes with the DTR T2000 YouView box and sometimes with a Now TV box. Both have had new HDMI cables installed, both are set to a resolution of 720p . Both times to resolve this I have to turn the TV off, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on again.

I have swapped cables, reset to factory and its got to the point where Im wondering if it is a design fault with our Sony TV? It is a fairly old Sony LCD Freeview (Non FreeView HD) TV (probably about 6-7yrs old) that supports HDMI upto 1080i Is it possible it's the TV at fault?

I have a slightly newer Toshiba TV I can try, but I don't want to go through the hassle of swapping them for it to not be the problem.

Another thing I was wondering, is we have our 80211AC Wifi Router close to the TV - and Did have to move it away from the TV initially as it seemed to be preventing the TV from recieving some of the Freeview channels in our area! Could it possibly be the Wifi signals from this router that are corrupting the HDCP handshake protocol??

Help!!! before me or my family throw the box out the window!

| Wed 16 Sep 2015 13:11:32 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Rather than turn the TV off then on have you tried turning the HDMI source on the TV away from the Youview box and then back again.

There have been a number of users reporting HDMI handshaking problems with Sony TV sets which seem to have their own take on the HDMI spec.

| Wed 16 Sep 2015 14:04:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

What's the model number of the TV?

| Wed 16 Sep 2015 14:04:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

crocks

gomezz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Rather than turn the TV off then on have you tried turning the HDMI source on the TV away from the Youview box and then back again.
    There have been a number of users reporting HDMI handshaking problems with Sony TV sets which seem to have their own take on the HDMI spec.

Hi I havnt tried switching the source away, but if there is issues with Sony's "interpretation" of the spec, I may just swap to the Toshiba TV!

| Wed 16 Sep 2015 15:48:43 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.