My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Intermittent Padding Time

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lorraine

Hi There,

Got The Humax FVP-5000T Recoreder, Alhtough I have setup padding time to run over for 10 minutes on programmes and left start time padding on auto recordings on some Channel's are still recording short i.e Quest Red and CBS Drama to name a few.
    I how done a full factory reset but still get this intermittent problem on different Channel's gateful for any advice on this Thank You.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 11:49:13 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lorraine - 14 mins ago  » 
    Hi There,
    Got The Humax FVP-5000T Recoreder, Alhtough I have setup padding time to run over for 10 minutes on programmes and left start time padding on auto recordings on some Channel's are still recording short i.e Quest Red and CBS Drama to name a few.
    I how done a full factory reset but still get this intermittent problem on different Channel's gateful for any advice on this Thank You.

If you set padding it stops the box being able to follow broadcaster accurate recording start and stop signals. With start and end times set to auto, the box wakes up about 20 mins before a recording is due to start to watch for the start recording signal. For most channels this is the best option.

When you have padding set the box wakes up at the scheduled start time adjusted by the padding. Also the recording will end at the scheduled end adjusted by the end padding set.

For the broadcasters who do not implement accurate recording then a manual reservation with a appropriate repeat pattern is the best way.

| Sat 14 Nov 2020 12:11:16 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.