My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Internet connection failure.

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Homestead

My box will not access the internet now despite the fact that everything was working on Sunday 25th March and it recorded a programme while we were away, which played back.
    I have checked that all is well with my broadband supplier and hook-up. My electronics man says that Humax have inadvertently upgraded the firmware on all boxes rather than just a selected batch of some sort and this older box cannot handle it or now be downgraded. It is also alleged that Humax are unconcerned about this.
    I will now have to buy a new box it seems. But are Humax doing anything about it? This sounds like something that the regulatory body needs to get involved with.
    Am I the only one to have had such a total failure?

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 17:40:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Tell us which box model you have.

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 20:30:55 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

An internet connection is not required to record live TV. In addition to box model, post latest software you have installed.

Also post the programmes that failed.

Recent failures due to broadcaster issues include Shetland on BBC 1 and The Voice on ITV.

There has been no new software for the G2 boxes since the one that gave us play from the beginning on BBC programmes.

Seems very unlikely Humax have released new software without Barry having prior knowledge. Your electronics man seems to be frankly talking double dutch.

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 20:47:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Homestead

The model is a DTR-T1000/ I thought it said it on the tag.
    I agree that I can find nothing on the internet along the lines of what my electronics man told me today.
    At the moment I cannot get anything to come up at all as the Youview button does not work at all. No programmes have failed, but I wanted to get onto Netflix can get nowhere near it.
    I may have another look tomorrow, but in the light of what has been said, perhaps it is just life expered.
    Thanks.

| Sat 31 Mar 2018 23:03:10 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Homestead

I failed to notice the software query. It's Ver A7.76.
    Thanks.

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 9:48:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Homestead - 3 hours ago  » 
    I failed to notice the software query. It's Ver A7.76.

That is not the software verion. That is the loader version which is used to load the youview softwares on a full boot.

What version is the manufacturer software on your Youview box?

To look up the software version on the new style youview the menu navigation is:
    youview (the blue button with a Y) > go right to 'settings' > OK > go down to the btttom row and select 'Softare Information'
    It will show something like:
    Component software: 3.2.92(xxxx)
    Manufacturer software: 28.35.0

To look up the software version on the old style youview the menu navigation is:
    youview (the blue button with a Y) > go right to 'settings' > OK > go left and select 'Softare Information' > highlight Softare Versons' from the menu above that and press 'OK'
    It will show something like:
    Component software: 3.0.47
    Manufacturer software: 26.40.0

Homestead - 20 hours ago  » 
    Am I the only one to have had such a total failure?

There used to be a fault that had the same symptoms as yours but I thought that had been fixed along time a go by a software update and I don't remember the details.
    Thus why I am also asking for which version you are on.
    Hopefully that is not the reason as without the ability to install newer software you wouldn't be able to fix the problem.

Also have you checked that when the ethernet cable that is cuurenlty connecting you youview box is used in another device that the other device can connect using that cable?

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 14:13:24 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Homestead - 17 hours ago  » 
    The model is a DTR-T1000/ I thought it said it on the tag.
    I agree that I can find nothing on the internet along the lines of what my electronics man told me today.
    At the moment I cannot get anything to come up at all as the Youview button does not work at all. No programmes have failed, but I wanted to get onto Netflix can get nowhere near it.
    I may have another look tomorrow, but in the light of what has been said, perhaps it is just life expered.
    Thanks.

Note to a moderator - posted in wrong thread can you please move posts to a Youview thread.

Admin Edit: Thread moved.

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 16:38:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Homestead

I can make the circlular light go blue and then it goes onto loading etc, before stopping at a screen where it says it cannot find an internet connection. I cannot get to anything beyond that.

I have tried different ethernet cables and hooked up a laptop to the internet successfully, by the way.

Sorry to waste your time. I think we have reached the end of the road - until Tuesday when I check with my electronics shop.

Regards, Mike.

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 20:32:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Homestead

The electronuics shop was very vague about where he had found the information on a recent upgrade that had gone wrong.
    I am giving up at this point and buying a new box. Thanks for all your help.
    Regards, MIke.

| Tue 3 Apr 2018 10:04:06 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Homestead - 1 hour ago  » 
    The electronuics shop was very vague about where he had found the information on a recent upgrade that had gone wrong.
    I am giving up at this point and buying a new box. Thanks for all your help.
    Regards, MIke.

If you have not tried rebooting your router - try it and when fully booted try s standby cycle on your YouView unit.

| Tue 3 Apr 2018 11:54:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.