My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

internets links

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

muirc123

I am getting a mesage saying that cannot get internet links now on my screen when I try yo go to portal to get BBC i player or other internet links - any ideas?
    its not my broadband and this only atsrted recently after working fine before - could it be I neeed to update my software or firm ware?

| Fri 25 Oct 2013 12:40:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

muirc123 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I am getting a mesage saying that cannot get internet links now on my screen when I try yo go to portal to get BBC i player or other internet links - any ideas?

It is likely to be something in your network setup. How is the Humax connected to the router?

| Fri 25 Oct 2013 12:45:04 #2 |
  3. IAINB

IAINB

Dear muirc123,

I suggest you look in the info page (under settings) to see what that tells you. Mine changed to a silly IP address when I switched off the connection. but found it correctly when I switched on again. Otherwise it seems to find its connection, if possible, using DHCP. On first attempt, it went to my router, taking an IP address from another set-top box which was switched off at the time - not what I wanted. I changed the router to give the HB a fixed address, so that, DHCP or not, that would be the one offered to it! As Martin says, something like this is the probable cause of the HB not connecting. I find the teletext route to the iPlayer is preferable, on 7001. The EPG route (901) is the same as the portal route. C'est l'enbarrass du choix!

Regards. IAINB

| Sat 26 Oct 2013 10:22:28 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.