Iplayer causes HDR1800T reboot

(51 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LostInSpace

Thanks Barry.

| Wed 27 Apr 2022 16:30:58 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Helenc

I have this problem too . I can’t connect via the red button or the portal button . Are Humax looking into this, it’s well annoying , I use iplayer lots. My humax 1800T is connected to router with Ethernet. No problems on any of my other devices so I’m certain it’s the box. Any solutions in the pipeline?

| Thu 28 Apr 2022 13:56:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rogerxx

Last I heard was:
    We are aware of the BBC iPlayer issue as it is widespread and ongoing. We are currently working to fix it on our end as quickly as possible, there is nothing you will need to do.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused. Unfortunately we don't have a timeframe at the moment but your patience is greatly appreciated
    Rogerxx

| Thu 28 Apr 2022 15:01:06 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Helenc

Thank you Roger, let’s hope then.

| Thu 28 Apr 2022 18:26:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geralt

Barry - 6 days ago  » 
    Humax Towers acknowledged my report - investigating.

+1. Thanks Barry.

| Mon 2 May 2022 9:28:32 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rogerxx

Hey Barry, still nothing. Have you heard anything?
    Roger

| Mon 9 May 2022 15:49:28 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Rogerxx - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hey Barry, still nothing. Have you heard anything?
    Roger

Nothing as yet.

| Mon 9 May 2022 18:10:24 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

When I wrote to Humax about this, I also wrote to the BBC, on 25 April. They have only just replied, as follows:-

I understand you are still having issues with the iPlayer app on your Humax box.

There has been an ongoing issue with these boxes as you mentioned, but that should be resolved by now so, if you are still having issues it may be something else. I am going to give you some troubleshooting advice that should help though!

I would first try turning your TV and any connected devices off and on.

If that doesn't work try checking for any updates from the manufacturer and make sure you are on the latest firmware version.

Disconnect your TV device from the internet and then reconnect. That will hopefully refresh the connection. It would also be great if you were able to use a wired internet connection, rather than a wireless one, as it will provide a much more stable connection.

Uninstall the iPlayer app and then reinstall it again. Not all TVs allow this since it's often a core app but it's a great troubleshooting step to do if you can.

Finally, do a hard reset of your TV. Turn it off and take out the plug and leave it for around five minutes before putting it back in again and turn it on.

If you continue having trouble, tell us every step you tried and provide the System Information. This help page will show you where to find that:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/smart-tv-and-games-console-issues/system-information

I hope this solves your issue, but if there are any more issues please don't hesitate to get back in contact, we are more than happy to help you with any issues you may have.

I have replied to explain the actions that I have taken and that I can't provide the system information because the app crashes!

Do we know whether this problem is due to the BBC or to Humax?

| Tue 10 May 2022 15:31:41 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rogerxx

Load of crap. No update on 2000T

| Tue 10 May 2022 16:31:59 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHS

I have now had another response from the BBC, asking me to do a factory reset which can sometimes resolve issues. I am loath to do this because it means retuning, resetting up favourites and recording schedule etc and I am quite sure that we can't all have the same problem which would be resolved by this. However, I can't reply without going through this. Has anyone else tried a factory reset?

| Thu 12 May 2022 12:22:31 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.