My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

iPlayer not all shows available

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickhalluk

I've just bought a HDR-FOX-T2 after using Windows Media Centre for the last 6+ years and I must say so far I am very pleased.

Anyway, over the weekend I had the box set to record the F1 and the F1 Forum on "The Red Button" for some reason it only recorded the last 20 mins of the Forum, so I decided to fire up the BBC iPlayer and watch it there. To my surprise, it wasn't there. On checking on my PC I found it and was able to watch it on iPlayer, but why was it not showing on the Humax iPlayer?

| Thu 29 Sep 2011 13:01:27 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

For the answer to that question you would have to ask the BBC, Humax have no control over the content provided on that variant of iplayer.

| Thu 29 Sep 2011 13:44:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

I had a similar problem, I wanted to watch parts of Look North about Emley Moor switchover (I live near Cambridge, my parents receive from Emley Moor). It was available on my PC running iPlayer, but not on the HDR Fox T2. I don't understand why there would be any difference in availability of programs, it makes no sense for the BBC to do this.

| Fri 30 Sep 2011 16:59:32 #3 |
  4. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

The Humax uses the bigscreen version of i-player HERE not the normal one HERE, As stated it's content is controlled by the BBC not Humax

| Tue 4 Oct 2011 13:28:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickhalluk

Just found this on the iPayer "Bigscreen" FAQ:

Most programmes available on BBC iPlayer on your computer are also available on your device, but films, overseas programmes or those with sports or music clips are not always available because of broadcast restrictions. We need to have permission from all involved in a programme to make it available online.

but it still doesn't explain why the content would be different, as they are all still "on line"

| Tue 4 Oct 2011 14:07:35 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.