My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

iPlayer Not Working

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alesupper

Hi

I player is not working on my Humax Foxsat HDR. The Internet connection is working because I can get a list of program's and details about them but when I try to watch them it says "content does not seem to be working, try again later". Any ideas?

Cheers.

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 20:47:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

IPlayer can be temperamental and it's difficult to troubleshoot accurately without packet capture facility and a bit of analysis.

Has it ever worked ? Have you checked for anything on your firewall that might be blocking content ?

If you've got a fully working Internet connection with all that entails (i.e. reliable DNS, Firewall sorted etc) then there's not a lot more you can do other than wait for BBC to sort it out.

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 7:21:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alesupper

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it has worked in the past but it has been a while since I lasted used iPlayer on the Humax. iPlayer (and all other internet services) is working fine on our other devices so I very much doubt that it is router related.

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 9:36:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

If it has worked before and nothing has changed, it is unlikely anything at your end will fix it. Not really much you can do apart from sit it out or contact the BBC.

Part of the difficulty in diagnosing Iplayer is that different systems use it differently. Even with different browsers on the same PC, I've seen it where say IE will work, but Firefox on the same machine won't. I understand the mechanism for how content is delivered to different platforms also varies (different at the server end) so it is difficult to compare like for like across platforms.

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 9:54:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

alesupper

Arrr right, well in that case it is possible that iPlayer may use a different port on the Humax boxes than a web browser perhaps? I will check the firewall settings on my router just in case.

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 10:11:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

alesupper

Dino

To backup what you said about iPlayer being temperamental, it is now working again and I have made no changes to anything.

Cheers.

| Mon 15 Oct 2012 20:25:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

I like the version in XBMC best - it can be temperamental to get it started, but it supports the HD streams and if deinterlacing is switched on it will play 720i50 very smoothly, almost as good looking as the original 1080i50 broadcasts are on the Foxsat itself. Whereas of course the Foxsat's iPlayer doesn't do HD streams and probably never will.

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 19:39:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lochview

Hello

Iplayer not working on Foxsat-HDR, when I go to channel 901 it says it is not connected, it is , It has worked fine in the past, but not recently. Last night it would let me search for programmes but not play them and tonight it says not connected and wont get as far as the menu. Is this me or the BBC??

| Thu 25 Oct 2012 21:04:19 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Lochview - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hello
    Iplayer not working on Foxsat-HDR, when I go to channel 901 it says it is not connected, it is , It has worked fine in the past, but not recently. Last night it would let me search for programmes but not play them and tonight it says not connected and wont get as far as the menu. Is this me or the BBC??

Welcome to the Forum

It appears to be working OK for me this morning.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 10:10:19 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is there a green light on the Foxsat ethernet socket?
    Has it got a ip address (Settings > Diag > Network) - from memory.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 11:35:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.