My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

IR sensor?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

Silly question but where is the IR sensor located. Am trying to convert Sky magic eye and need to put the sender/grabber over the sensor on the Humax to replicate the remote signals through the magic eyes already installed.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 15:46:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cut a couple of inches of black insulation tape and stick it vertically across the front of the box. Move it across till the box starts responding to the remote. Try sticking the ir repeater on the shelf just in front of the location.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 17:15:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

Good idea, never thought of that but did you mean stop responding?

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 18:17:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lencuff - 1 minute ago  » 
    Good idea, never thought of that but did you mean stop responding?

I did - senior moment.

Handy stuff is black insulation tape. Foxsat-HDR has a very bright LED on the front, masking it to a tiny square means you can still see it without it being distracting. My study used sometimes for extra sleeping has loads of flashing LEDS, Stick vinyl black insulation tape over solves the issue (My router sensibly has a button to turn off leds). I use a pair of bluetooth headphones sometimes to listen to my tablet/phone to send me to sleep. In the dark the blue flashing paired led is a major distraction, small piece of tape solves it.

| Sun 11 Jun 2017 18:20:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lencuff

Got it all sorted thanks and can now remotely control the Humax from any of the magic eyes I already had from my Sky setup.

| Mon 12 Jun 2017 10:14:58 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.