My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

IR sensor receiving window

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Naylor

Until recently I was using a Sonorous IR Repeater to work my Humax FOXSAT-HDR which is housed in a cupboard. The IR Receiving Probe got iknocked out of place and however much I try I cannot get it back into a position that works. Can anyone tell me where the IR sensor receiving window is on the front cover?
    Thanks

| Wed 6 May 2020 22:02:22 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

When you find it, scratch the grey coating off the inside. It will make the remote far more responsive. IIRC it's just to the left of the display and it's circular.

| Wed 6 May 2020 23:19:57 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Grasp the top left and top right and pull down the front flap. As Trev says it's just left of the rectangular window. If you install the custom firmware from AV forums you can use a smart phone or tablet (anything with a web browser) to control the box. The control can also add user macros like the shortcut to display the guide - schedule - red

No need for a infra red repeater.

Attachments

1. Foxsat_Remote.jpg (325 KB, 6 downloads) 4 years old
    | Thu 7 May 2020 9:36:32 #3 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

If the box is in a cupboard, that will require a repeater GLT. I missed that first time around as well. But scratching off the film with a plastic tool is still relevant.

| Thu 7 May 2020 9:46:00 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 23 secs ago  » 
    If the box is in a cupboard, that will require a repeater GLT. I missed that first time around as well. But scratching off the film with a plastic tool is still relevant.

No repeater needed. The remote control is Wireless using your WiFi router. It can be used in any room you need it.

There's a smaller version suitable for use with a smart phone.

| Thu 7 May 2020 9:47:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Naylor

Thank you Trev and Graham. Have located the sensor, scratched the coating, re-positioned the probe and it works. Cheers

| Thu 7 May 2020 10:17:39 #6 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

Ah, yes, I see. Using the CF RC needs no repeater. I missed that first time around.

| Thu 7 May 2020 10:17:44 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.