My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Is a network connection possible without a signal?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Connect1

Hi
    Recently had to replace my Foxsat HDR with a 1000S because of connection issues (see earlier posts)and have now connected the old unit to a TV upstairs.

There is no satellite connection in the room but when the unit eventually boots up I can still access and view my old recordings. I also connected the unit to my router with a cable but despite enabling network searching and manually inputing what I believe to be the correct IP, Mask etc. details I just get a "Please wait" message when I continue and then nothing happens.

Does anybody know if a 5-year old unit will connect to the internet without having a Freesat signal present and if so, what I am doing wrong?

| Sun 17 Aug 2014 11:19:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Connect1 - 1 hour ago  » ... despite...manually inputing what I believe to be the correct IP, Mask...

Why are you doing that? Why not let it connect automatically? Once connected I would advise "fixing" the IP addr against that MAC in your Router.

| Sun 17 Aug 2014 13:19:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Connect1 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Does anybody know if a 5-year old unit will connect to the internet without having a Freesat signal present and if so, what I am doing wrong?

If it is like the HDR_FOX T2 then it will require a signal to update the time and date. Without the correct time and date the certificate used to connect the portal will appear invalid. That doesn't explain your problem with getting an IP address which sounds like a problem with your internal network connectivity.

| Sun 17 Aug 2014 13:44:49 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Connect1

Can't do an automatic connection as everything is greyed out. Also, now I can't exit the menu (keeps wanting to do a search) to select my recordings so looks like something has changed but not sure what.

I think I will settle for being able to view my old recordings - if anybody has any ideas how I can get back to them!

| Sun 17 Aug 2014 14:22:21 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.