My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Is it the TV or the Humax?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

When I power on my UE55KU6000K and Humax 2000T I will get a black screen. It is necessary to on the TV go to source, switch to TV press OK then go back to source switch to the PVR and everything is fine.

Is it the TV or the Freeview recorder?

Edit. I have just swapped the box for a 1800T and swapped cables while I was about it. I will let you know tomorrow if things are any different.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 11:51:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Try using a passive splitter for the aerial and make sure you have CEC disabled on TV - that should solve your problem.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 12:42:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Can you explain a little more. I think I have a splitter somewhere, which aerial port does this go in and I am sure the CEC is off but just to be sure where in setting would I find this to check?
    Thanks.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 12:55:46 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Ignoring the splitter advice for a moment as I think you have a HDMI handshake problem

Believe your TV is a Samsung, so therefore look in the settings menu for Anynet+ and switch off/disable..

Only had a quick glance at manual for your TV and I think option is located in:

Settings>System>Expert Settings>Anynet+

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 14:08:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrFraggle

Cheers mate done that. Will see how things go tomorrow when I switch everything on.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 14:11:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Ignoring the splitter advice for a moment as I think you have a HDMI handshake problem
    Believe your TV is a Samsung, so therefore look in the settings menu for Anynet+ and switch off/disable..
    Only had a quick glance at manual for your TV and I think option is located in:
    Settings>System>Expert Settings>Anynet+

It probably is a handshake issue Barry hence why I suggested using the splitter as well. I used to have exactly the same issue, especially when the 2000T was set to record a programme.

As the port became live ready to record it would briefly activate the HDMI port on the TV. This was enough to blank out the TV, sometimes momentarily but more often than not permanently until I switched the AV between HDMI and back to TV tuner. Fitting a passive splitter stopped this happening completely.

Panasonic appears quite bad for this as they have a powered HDMI port - that includes Viera link disabled.

| Thu 2 Mar 2017 15:06:07 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.