My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

is the Aura replacement on it's way.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Does anyone know if Humax is working on a replacement box for the Aura.
    I ask because the aura is far too sensitive, with the Freeview signals for us.
    I'm Hoping the replacement has a better tuner sensitivity as we are on the edge of the Heathfield transmitter.
    Our tv's and Humax 5000t signals are as solid as a rock.
    I've tried the Aura on 3 separate occasions.
    Each time we had Major picture break up.
    I notice that Manhattan are bringing outa new T4r model, so I was hoping that instead of going from our 5000t(which is several years old now) to the Manhattan We could try the Aura replacement. as we have used Humax when the first twin tuner box came out.

| Thu 8 Jun 2023 18:47:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

john1 - 30 mins ago  » 
    Does anyone know if Humax is working on a replacement box for the Aura.

It is a reasonable question to ask but I don't think anyone here is likely to know (or if they do they probably wouldn't be able to say anything). You might try phoning Humax and telling them you are considering the Manhattan box and ask if they could give any hints about future Humax developments.

Asa matter of interest what is the signal strength and quality reported by the FVP-5000T? There were signal strength issues with early Humax boxes and I think Humax acknowledged that they had found that some tuners were marginal (and I think boxes were replaced) but we haven't as far as I can recollect had many recent problems.

| Thu 8 Jun 2023 19:19:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Thanks martin, Our signal strength is 85 -90 percent. but when it hits 100 its fine.
    I dis ring Humax before I returned the first 2 Auras as I thought they may faulty.
    I tried all the things that were put to me by Humax to clear it, including getting a signal regulator. Eventually They asked for my Post code. At that point I was told by them that it would not work, and to return it on Both occasions. So I asked how come the 5000t was stable, but the Humax wasn't. The reply was that the Aura tuners were a cheaper version, and that would not change on them even though they caused a Funnelling problem within the system.
    However I've I've tried to ring them to try your Suggestion, and was told that he was not aware of a replacements release date.
    I remember that the Administrator of this Forum( I think his name was Graham )
    Was often putting Questions, & getting answers from Humax Towers. So it was worth a try. But Thanks again for your reply. I wonder i any of the administrators have the same Pathway.

| Fri 9 Jun 2023 8:53:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

john1 - 14 mins ago  » 
    I tried all the things that were put to me by Humax to clear it, including getting a signal regulator. Eventually They asked for my Post code. At that point I was told by them that it would not work, and to return it on Both occasions. So I asked how come the 5000t was stable, but the Humax wasn't. The reply was that the Aura tuners were a cheaper version, and that would not change on them even though they caused a Funnelling problem within the system.

I do think the Aura has tuners that are weaker than the FVP-5000T but I assumed this was because after DSO there were more cases of people having problems due to the signal being too high and the tuners saturating than people like you in marginal areas not having satisfactory reception.

I remember that the Administrator of this Forum( I think his name was Graham )

I think you mean Barry who is the administrator and certainly has had links to Humax but I don't know the current situation; Graham Thompson was a leading member of the forum but sadly died suddenly a couple of years ago.

| Fri 9 Jun 2023 9:17:42 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.