My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Is there a proper manual for the HDR-1000S?

(7 posts)
  1. Hogweed

Hogweed

As posted earlier, I’ve just bought an HDR-1000S, but can’t find out how to use it to its best – the manual is a bit of a joke, and doesn’t even mention that you can connect a USB HDD and watch films off that (which I discovered by accident last night – it works really well)!

Is there a proper manual anywhere which shows all the features etc?

Thanks

| Tue 28 Apr 2015 12:41:00 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I believe the supplied User Guide is a Freesat/freetime guide, perhaps quite similar for all manufacturers, just as the UI is similar from one manufacturer to another. Freesat don't stipulate USB playback, so it's not in the User Guide. It doesn't take a lot of exploration to find the Humax-specific legacy extras. Anything that seems puzzling, someone on this forum may be able to help.

| Tue 28 Apr 2015 13:15:16 #2 |
  3. Davy

Davy

special member

Type in HDR100S on google and you will get a link to an online manual which is PDF I think.
    Did that for,mine and it's not bad...
    By the way, I plugged in a 1tb hard drive in the front and same in the back USB port and both worked anytime I wanted to watch anything on them, so don't know maximum but a 1tb works fine...

| Tue 28 Apr 2015 18:30:08 #3 |
  4. Hogweed

Hogweed

Davy - 14 hours ago  » 
    Type in HDR100S on google and you will get a link to an online manual which is PDF I think.
    By the way, I plugged in a 1tb hard drive in the front and same in the back USB port and both worked anytime I wanted to watch anything on them, so don't know maximum but a 1tb works fine...

There's a front USB

The disk I have round the back is 2TB, and that works fine

| Wed 29 Apr 2015 9:22:12 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 25 minutes ago  » 

Davy - 14 hours ago  » 

There's a front USB
    The disk I have round the back is 2TB, and that works fine

Lower right hand side (under the switches). It's behind a flick out cover

| Wed 29 Apr 2015 9:48:48 #5 |
  6. Hogweed

Hogweed

Yes, tried that, and got one from the Humax site, and another from Freesat – both essentially the same, both no mention of USB, streaming, or all sorts of other things which you really need to know!

Have to say, as far as can remember, this is the first computer, phone or AV device I’ve ever encountered where there isn’t a proper manual – seems quite extraordinary

| Wed 29 Apr 2015 10:04:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hogweed - 2 hours ago  » 

Yes, tried that, and got one from the Humax site, and another from Freesat – both essentially the same, both no mention of USB, streaming, or all sorts of other things which you really need to know!
    Have to say, as far as can remember, this is the first computer, phone or AV device I’ve ever encountered where there isn’t a proper manual – seems quite extraordinary

The YouView manual is even less informative. Both boxes are joint ventures, with the result that the manufacturer does not have sole control over everything to do with the box.

| Wed 29 Apr 2015 12:44:24 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.