My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Is there a secret services or installers menu

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Is there a secret services or installers menu on the DTR-T1000? and if, so, where please?

I've just installed one, but have missing channels on it so want to try manually tuning and check I'm on the right transmitter (Rowridge VP not Rowridge).

I know I can receive the channels as my 3 year old Sony TV with Freeview HD built-in gets them all (finds 123 services), but the Humax* only finds 99 channels and I'm missing Dave, Sky News, Challenge and Pick (not bothered about the other missing ones) and the new HD channels launched yesterday.

*I'm using the same aerial as the TV - I unplugged it and plugged it into the Humax so should get the same channels.

| Wed 5 Mar 2014 22:29:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Is there a secret services or installers menu on the DTR-T1000? and if, so, where please?

I've just installed one, but have missing channels on it so want to try manually tuning and check I'm on the right transmitter (Rowridge VP not Rowridge).

Unfortunately, there's no option for manual tuning.

*I'm using the same aerial as the TV - I unplugged it and plugged it into the Humax so should get the same channels.
    You'd think. But the YouView box seems to have a perverse tendency to pick the wrong transmitter. Coupled with the lack of a manual tuning option, it can be very frustrating.

Some people have solved it with an attenuator, others with a booster. If you buy one of each you can experiment. Good luck.

| Wed 5 Mar 2014 22:44:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

JamesB - 31 minutes ago  » 

Unfortunately, there's no option for manual tuning.
    You'd think. But the YouView box seems to have a perverse tendency to pick the wrong transmitter. Coupled with the lack of a manual tuning option, it can be very frustrating.
    Some people have solved it with an attenuator, others with a booster. If you buy one of each you can experiment. Good luck.

Cheers, that's a pretty poor design then - I should have gone for a non-youview box and not bothered about catch-up services:(

| Wed 5 Mar 2014 23:17:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I'm afraid the box does have some problems. If you bought it retail, perhaps you can take it back under the Sale of Goods Act. Since it doesn't pick up channels correctly, you should be able to argue that it's not fit for purpose.

| Wed 5 Mar 2014 23:27:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Unfortunately it was bought second hand new in the box as an unwanted gift.

I can use it as n extra box though by bringing forward my plan to get a FreesatHD box as well so I'll have pretty much all the free channels (I've just cancelled Sky+HD).

| Thu 6 Mar 2014 1:03:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Freesat doesn't have Dave, so if you want that, it's worth trying a variable attenuator with the YouView to see if it helps. I believe they're about £10 from Maplin's. If it doesn't work, return it and try boosting the signal instead. I haven't needed to do this, myself, so I can't speak from personal experience, but it does seem to have solved the problem for quite a few users.

Edit. Here's an attenuator on Amazon with some favourable reviews.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/6dB-Coax-Plug-Inline-ATTENUATOR/dp/B0048744P8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top&tag=blusas008-21

| Thu 6 Mar 2014 9:34:33 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

There is a maintenance mode

http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf

| Thu 6 Mar 2014 11:05:29 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.