My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

is this machine fit for purpose?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Aknt

I'm at my wits end. We originally bought one of these in October to replace a previous Humax device which we have used for many years with no problems.

The first new one had the "going into standby and not coming back" problem and also refused point blank to connect to the internet. So it was replaced.

Last week the replacement box totally died, no power at all to anything. Humax have said that they will replace it again but this is just getting a bit silly.

My concern is that the warranty will run out in a few months and I don't really want to be in a position where I have paid over 200 pounds for something that is, on the basis of the evidence we have had so far, going to break in less than a year. has anybody else got similar issues? Do you know if Humax will continue to replace these boxes for the foreseeable as they keep breaking after hardly any use?

If there are any suggestions on how i can get the recordings back off the box while it has no power at all (including the USB sockets) that would be welcome too but I suspect anything on there has been lost already so am not holding out much hope.

| Mon 26 Jun 2017 11:50:05 #1 |
  2. graham uk

graham uk

special member

If I had joined this forum before buying and reading all the comments...I would not have purchased.

Most of the time I'm using my now 12 year old Digitech PVR for recordings and for catchup we are using the excellent Amazon tv fire stick amazing value at £39.99

At least Humax have been responding with new OS updates in the past. The slowness of the box responding if down to hardware then I don't see any forthcoming improvements.

graham uk

| Mon 26 Jun 2017 13:10:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Aknt - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm at my wits end. We originally bought one of these in October to replace a previous Humax device which we have used for many years with no problems.
    The first new one had the "going into standby and not coming back" problem and also refused point blank to connect to the internet. So it was replaced.
    Last week the replacement box totally died, no power at all to anything. Humax have said that they will replace it again but this is just getting a bit silly.
    My concern is that the warranty will run out in a few months and I don't really want to be in a position where I have paid over 200 pounds for something that is, on the basis of the evidence we have had so far, going to break in less than a year. has anybody else got similar issues? Do you know if Humax will continue to replace these boxes for the foreseeable as they keep breaking after hardly any use?
    If there are any suggestions on how i can get the recordings back off the box while it has no power at all (including the USB sockets) that would be welcome too but I suspect anything on there has been lost already so am not holding out much hope.

Please would you clarify your situation.

Was it bought new or refurbished?
    The Humax warranty is for 1 year for a refurbished unit, and 2 years for a new unit.

Did you buy the box from Humax or another retailer?
    If you bought it from another retailer then your consumer rights contract would be with the retailer not the manufacturer. If you bought it from another retailer did you get their go ahead for you to go direct to Humax? Unfortunately in UK consumer law this does mater. Going to a third party, even if they are the manufacturer, can invalidate your consumer rights.

If you consumer rights have not been forfeited then you have a right to reject the second replacement unit as faulty and get most of our money back from the retailer.
    See the 'Repair or replace' section of
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

If all you have left is the manufacturer's guarantee then providing you kept the receipt and it was a new unit Humax may still repair/replace for a second year.

| Mon 26 Jun 2017 13:48:14 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yes

| Mon 26 Jun 2017 15:17:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

disolar

Akint and graham,I purchased the Humax hdr-fox-t2 on Ebay - Bliss.

| Tue 27 Jun 2017 10:21:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Luke - 1 week ago  » 

Aknt - 1 hour ago  » 

Please would you clarify your situation.
    Was it bought new or refurbished?
    The Humax warranty is for 1 year for a refurbished unit, and 2 years for a new unit.
    Did you buy the box from Humax or another retailer?
    If you bought it from another retailer then your consumer rights contract would be with the retailer not the manufacturer. If you bought it from another retailer did you get their go ahead for you to go direct to Humax? Unfortunately in UK consumer law this does mater. Going to a third party, even if they are the manufacturer, can invalidate your consumer rights.
    If you consumer rights have not been forfeited then you have a right to reject the second replacement unit as faulty and get most of our money back from the retailer.
    See the 'Repair or replace' section of
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act
    If all you have left is the manufacturer's guarantee then providing you kept the receipt and it was a new unit Humax may still repair/replace for a second year.

The paperwork in mine said the second year warranty is only available if you register it within a month of purchase. I was moving house at the time and didn't find this slip of paper until after a month had passed.

| Wed 5 Jul 2017 12:25:15 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.