My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Issues List HDR-2000T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigfoot

Got the new HDR 2000T (500GB) just before xmas from Amazon. It replaced my old windows media center with DVB S2 + DVB-T cards so had a tough act to follow. Generally I've been very pleased with the box. Before contacting Humax with the following issues list, I thought I'd run it past you guys first.

1) pausing in live TV rewinds back about 1.5 seconds before pausing, which I find very annoying. Pausing recorded TV or content of a USB stick pauses perfectly.

2) playback of MKV files from memory stick works perfectly. But whenever I've finished playing a file I get a message stated "Invalid file format"

3) More often than not when selecting STORAGE, I only see HD + USB. The Network option is missing. I have to click on TV Portal, come out and then go back to STORAGE before the network option reappears.

4) I've had the box reboot when the signal quality has been very poor on certain channels.

5) Recorded TV, pressing the right and left arrow on controller brings up timeline which i love. I wish the same worked on LIVE TV - instead you have to press pause to bring it up.

6) I wish the mini guide could be accessed by pressing up and down on the controller. Instead you have to press "i" first which is annoying and unnecessary.

might make a video showing issues at the weekend.

| Tue 25 Feb 2014 11:41:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigfoot

the channels in the 200 range.

For the text services like Holiday TV, I just get a blank screen. No text or display appears for any of these channels? Why?

For the streaming channels in the 200 range such as Propeller TV, I understand the Humax needs to support IPTV which is on the way. Any idea when this will appear?

Finally, if a program has already started, you are unable to start the recording by pressing OK in the guide (it will just try to take you to that channel). For a series you can't even series record the remaining episodes. You can press the record button for a one off recording but can't get the the series record option. Is this the same with other Freeview devices?

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 10:21:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigfoot

answered my first question already! You need an internet connection to get the text service channels. Just plugged in ethernet and rebooted box and they appeared fine.

same applies for the streaming channels.

| Mon 3 Mar 2014 10:31:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

grovep

I have same issue as (3)

bigfoot - 2 weeks ago  » 
    Got the new HDR 2000T (500GB) just before xmas from Amazon. It replaced my old windows media center with DVB S2 + DVB-T cards so had a tough act to follow. Generally I've been very pleased with the box. Before contacting Humax with the following issues list, I thought I'd run it past you guys first.
    1) pausing in live TV rewinds back about 1.5 seconds before pausing, which I find very annoying. Pausing recorded TV or content of a USB stick pauses perfectly.
    2) playback of MKV files from memory stick works perfectly. But whenever I've finished playing a file I get a message stated "Invalid file format"
    3) More often than not when selecting STORAGE, I only see HD + USB. The Network option is missing. I have to click on TV Portal, come out and then go back to STORAGE before the network option reappears.
    4) I've had the box reboot when the signal quality has been very poor on certain channels.
    5) Recorded TV, pressing the right and left arrow on controller brings up timeline which i love. I wish the same worked on LIVE TV - instead you have to press pause to bring it up.
    6) I wish the mini guide could be accessed by pressing up and down on the controller. Instead you have to press "i" first which is annoying and unnecessary.
    might make a video showing issues at the weekend.

| Wed 12 Mar 2014 20:36:16 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

srichards

A few issues I've noticed:

(1) When recording two at once it won't come out of standby so you can use it. I can't tell whether it is responding to the remote properly as there is no channel display (!) Not had this issue with a non humax made pvr. The recording light also stuck on after it started up again and it needed the 8 second reset to get it back to normal.

(2) Sort mode in the media section doesn't work as the manual says and it is now stuck on alphabetic. I want the most recently recorded programmes at the top of the list. I re-choose sort by date and it doesn't alter the order at all. I'd expect most people to want the most recent recordings first so they can check they've worked ok.

(3) The media/recordings page is very poor in layout terms. 5 programmes at once is useless. I'd expect it to be at least 8 when you're using 1080p display. Watched/unwatched would be better with another column and a blob not a tiny little + on the folder. Even changing the folder colour would be a better idea.

(4) Recordings marked as failed are usually fine so it's unnecessary to mark them as failed and nearly led to this box being packed up and returned in disgust as a whole evening of recordings had seemingly failed.

(5) Switching the box off or on while recording seems to cause pixellation and break up on the recording sometimes.

(6) Scheduled recordings list isn't very informative. With old pvrs I could hit the ok button on an item and see various instances of the programme so I could remove unnecessary ones. This humax insists on recording things I haven't asked for and certainly not asked for via recommendation. With a proper schedule display I could remove the offending ones. I've recorded lots with several freeview pvrs and this is the first that has recorded completely different series because they were presented by the same person!

(7) Status light on the front is laughable. It needs to have 3 different colours not just two as the red of standby and red of recording is exactly the same so you cannot tell whether the box is on or off.

(8) Motorstv is very hit and miss. Sometimes it loads and other times it doesn't. Quality is also fairly poor. It's been over compressed.

(9) It's noticeably poorer at tuning channels and keeping them and needs a MUCH stronger signal than any other pvr I've had, including a youview.

Generally it's streets ahead of a youview in terms of actually recording and playing back without issues or crashing or not starting up.

It really needs a remote record option though.

| Sun 16 Mar 2014 11:14:19 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.