My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Issues with my Humax - HDR

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rozz

Hi there,
    I have experienced quite a few problems with this product.

1. It completely corrupted my Phillips recorder, a DVD disc and a 32 gig fat32 memory stick, while trying to record a football match from the humax.

2. I cannot connect to BBC iPlayer. I have tried everything. Used several different Ethernet cables from my BT Home Hub. I know the Home Hub is working as I have my computer and PS3 both linked up and working okay. I have tried going into system to configure the Ethernet both automatically and manually...no joy!

Also, the software doesn't appear to have updated since March this year...is that normal?

Reading other users comments throughout the Internet, this machine seems to have a lot of issues.

Thank you for any help/advise,
    Rozz

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 15:48:21 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

1. How were your Philips recorder and DVD connected to the Foxsat? How ere you trying to record to the memory stick - the Humax only has a copy facility.

2. Does the Humax aquire a IP address?

3. The latest software is version 1.0.20 which was dated March (I believe this is the creation date - well before a release date.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 15:58:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rozz

Thanks for your quick response, REPASSAC.

1. The Phillips recorder and DVD were connected by a scart cable. Regarding the memory stick...I got a message saying that it wasn't formatted to Fat32, but it was. And now when I plug the Memory stick back into my computer I can't re format it. It says that there is no disc in the drive. It's now corrupt.

2. In configure Ethernet the IP address is showing. I put that in manually and it still didn't work.

3. The software version you have given is the one showing...so that's okay, thanks.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 16:19:08 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

1. There is no way you can currupt whatever is connected by a scart cable. It sounds like the USB stick has physical damage to the connector. If you look at it with disk manager on your PC does it show anything?

2. You are better off with DHCP at least you can see if it has aquired an address from your router. With fixed addresses firstly you must set them correctly, never with an address another device is using. You must then also specify the DNS correctly an error here would explain why your intranet works but why the Iplayer does not.

If you try pinging the foxsat ip address from your PC do you get a reply.?

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 16:52:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rozz

I'm not very techy minded, so please excuse me if there are some things I'm not up to scratch with.

I'm running windows Vista and when I insert the memory stick it looks full, (all blue). When I try to do a format sometimes it says there is no disc in the drive, other times it tries to format, but after fifteen minutes I have to disconnect as it seems to just go on forever with nothing happening.

My husband is going to run through the Ethernet set up again, later today, by doing what you recommend. I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again!
    Rozz

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 17:39:53 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There may be something not quite right with the partition table - this would explain why the Foxsat thought it was not FAT32 - I suggest you delete the partition and recreate it (PC disk Manager) then try and format it.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 17:50:24 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

In what way does the Philips recorder appear to be corrupted?

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 17:55:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rozz

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    There may be something not quite right with the partition table - this would explain why the Foxsat thought it was not FAT32 - I suggest you delete the partition and recreate it (PC disk Manager) then try and format it.

My husband said that the first time he plugged the Memory stick into the Humax it recorded the football match, and although the quality was very poor, it did play it back. After that it would no longer recognise the stick, saying it wasn't formatted to Fat32.
    I've just tried following your instructions in PC disk Manager, but there didn't appear to be any way of allowing me to delete the partition. It tried to format it for over 30 minutes. I had to disconnect in the end.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 20:24:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rozz

gomezz - 2 hours ago  » 
    In what way does the Philips recorder appear to be corrupted?

It will not play back anything that was recorded to disk, and it would no longer let me access the hard drive. It is now completely inoperable.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 20:27:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rozz

REPASSAC - 3 hours ago  » 
    1. There is no way you can currupt whatever is connected by a scart cable. It sounds like the USB stick has physical damage to the connector. If you look at it with disk manager on your PC does it show anything?
    2. You are better off with DHCP at least you can see if it has aquired an address from your router. With fixed addresses firstly you must set them correctly, never with an address another device is using. You must then also specify the DNS correctly an error here would explain why your intranet works but why the Iplayer does not.
    If you try pinging the foxsat ip address from your PC do you get a reply.?

Re run the config Ethernet using DHCP...IP Address - Subnet Mask - Router Address - DNS Address, all blank.

I haven't got a clue what pinging is lol! Please explain.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 20:32:30 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.