My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Issues with my Humax - HDR

(13 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

"My husband said that the first time he plugged the Memory stick into the Humax it recorded the football match" You cannot record to a USB device - you can copy an existing recording to it.

With the Disk Managemnt snap in (Part of computer management) it is necessary to right click on the partition - then you can use the context menu "Delete Volume"

To test connectivity to and from a device run cmd.exe from the task bar or command prompt in accessories and enter
    ping foxsat-ip-address[i]

How do your PCs get their ip addresses - Automatically? Is DHCP enabled on your router?

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 20:50:09 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rozz

REPASSAC - 7 minutes ago  » 
    "My husband said that the first time he plugged the Memory stick into the Humax it recorded the football match" You cannot record to a USB device - you can copy an existing recording to it.
    With the Disk Managemnt snap in (Part of computer management) it is necessary to right click on the partition - then you can use the context menu "Delete Volume"
    To test connectivity to and from a device run cmd.exe from the task bar or command prompt in accessories and enter
    How do your PCs get their ip addresses - Automatically? Is DHCP enabled on your router?

Sorry, I meant to say that he copid the football match from the Humax to the memory stick. As I previously said...It copied it in poor quality, then afterwards when he tried to play it back it wouldn't recognise the stick and said that it wasn't formatted to Fat32. We have read elsewhere that others have had exactly the same problem.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 21:04:28 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rozz - 1 minute ago  » 

REPASSAC - 7 minutes ago  » 

Sorry, I meant to say that he copid the football match from the Humax to the memory stick. As I previously said...It copied it in poor quality, then afterwards when he tried to play it back it wouldn't recognise the stick and said that it wasn't formatted to Fat32. We have read elsewhere that others have had exactly the same problem.

It's impossible to copy in poor quality. A pvr copies the original digital transmission bit for bit to the HDD so it must be the same quality as the original transmission. Copying this data over usb creates an identical copy. If it looked poor on replay (what did you use to play it back ?), it must be down to whatever you used to replay it, or the source transmission was very poor in the first place.

I have had the foxsat since 2008, never read a single case. It's true the box can be very picky about usb sticks, they either work or they do not.

Total mystery about the DVDR problem. How did you connect it the Foxsat and retain the connection to the TV so you can view it's recordings and also monitor what it was recording?

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 21:18:40 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.