My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Issues with signal (maybe complex)

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saffron5233

Sorry this might be a bit of a long post but it’s a bit of a nightmare! So, brand new humax recorder box, followed all instructions, set up WiFi etc. Put main Arial into box and used Arial provided to connect box to tv. At this point, signal is being received via the box for the channels on smart tv. But no signal for box! Had Arial man out (needed him anyway), he’s moved Arial on roof to better position and checked the signal strength on Arial with gadget thingy. Full signal! Could it be the box? Or something more complex? Arial man is confused by it and I’m frustrated!! Any help would be great! Thank you ☺️

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 13:50:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Saffron5233 - 16 mins ago  » 
    Sorry this might be a bit of a long post but it’s a bit of a nightmare! So, brand new humax recorder box, followed all instructions, set up WiFi etc. Put main Arial into box and used Arial provided to connect box to tv. At this point, signal is being received via the box for the channels on smart tv. But no signal for box! Had Arial man out (needed him anyway), he’s moved Arial on roof to better position and checked the signal strength on Arial with gadget thingy. Full signal! Could it be the box? Or something more complex? Arial man is confused by it and I’m frustrated!! Any help would be great! Thank you ☺️

You have to turn off power saving in sby to enable the rf loop through.

You should have asked the the aerial guy to fit a TV splitter to give the TV and box seperate aerial feeds.

https://www.toolstation.com/proception-wideband-tv-satellite-splitter/p66100?searchstr=aerial%20splitter

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 14:09:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saffron5233

Sorry, what is sby? Is it standby? Is that what you mean by turn of power saving? Thanks for replying

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 14:11:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Saffron5233 - 3 mins ago  » 
    Sorry, what is sby? Is it standby? Is that what you mean by turn of power saving? Thanks for replying

Yes the box has two standby modes. To satisfy EU rules it must be able to wake from standby with a power consumption of less than 0.5W. To get this low the small amplifier that allows an aerial signal to be looped through the box is turned off. The default is power saving is on.

You can leave it on if you fit the splitter as posted and save some money on your power bills as well.

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 14:19:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saffron5233

Amazing, thank you so much. I’ll try this

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 14:20:42 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.