My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

ITV player etc on Fox T2?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffhaynes

Using TV Portal, I can get BBC iplayer but how can I get ITV player etc please?

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 12:47:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

geoffhaynes - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Using TV Portal, I can get BBC iplayer but how can I get ITV player etc please?

Sorry but only BBC IPlayer is available; you need an additional streaming box for other services.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 13:18:34 #2 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The cheapest option is to get a Now TV box for £10. You need to take a package to activate the box but they are offering a free 30 day movies trial at the moment which I think you can cancel at the end without further commitment: check the T & C's out for yourself and make sure you are happy before purchasing. Once you have an account set up on the box, even if you don't have an active Now TV package, you can use the on demand players. They have BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD and Demand 5. The iPlayer has just updated to the latest version and it runs smoothy on the Now TV box, in stark contrast to the HDR-FOX T2 on which it is awful.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 13:50:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffhaynes

Thanks for that. I suspected that might be the case. I have good results from BBC iPlayer on my HDR-FOX T2.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 16:50:20 #4 |
  5. geoffers

geoffers

The cheapest option is to get a Now TV box for £10. You need to take a package to activate the box box,......... even if you don't have an active Now TV package, you can use the on demand players.

In fact, you can start the registration process, give your c/card details but cancel before signing up for a package, so you now have the catch up channels for just the cost of the box

Information on this thread >> http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/Can-I-use-my-Now-TV-box-if-I-am-not-paying-a-subscription-for/td-p/120038

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 17:19:27 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.