My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

ITV Player selection

(7 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I have a real oddity with ITV Player when trying to select it. And I only just discovered this by accident.

If I select ITV Player from the EPG, I do not get it, instead I get a message saying the service is unavailable, and some number.

If, however I select the adjacent channel from the EPG and then use the cursor control to step one channel back or forward it comes up perfectly .
    Anyone with any ideas why this is happening ?

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 9:27:12 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

So it does. TBH I usually get to it from the Channel List as it is quicker to navigate than the EPG.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 11:05:48 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

gomezz - 5 hours ago  » 
    So it does. TBH I usually get to it from the Channel List as it is quicker to navigate than the EPG.

I thought I read here that using Ondemand one could also access ITV Player or BBC Iplayer is this correct, if so, when I select it I get nothing.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 16:15:42 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I don't understand why you are asking the question as your earlier post seemed to indicate you already know this? Go to channel 901 for BBC iPlayer or to 903 for ITV Player.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 19:55:40 #4 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

gomezz - 13 hours ago  » 
    I don't understand why you are asking the question as your earlier post seemed to indicate you already know this? Go to channel 901 for BBC iPlayer or to 903 for ITV Player.

I mistakenly thought it was another channel for catchup tv programs, but I get the impression it is only info on how to get BBCi Player and ITV Player.

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 9:08:03 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Not only info. It is how you can get to BBC iPlayer and to ITV Player.

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 10:45:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

sloppyjoe - 1 day ago  » 
    If I select ITV Player from the EPG, I do not get it, instead I get a message saying the service is unavailable, and some number.
    If, however I select the adjacent channel from the EPG and then use the cursor control to step one channel back or forward it comes up perfectly .

Don't know why, but I have the exact same experience too. Fortunately I rarely use ITVplayer so it is not a big issue for me. I do however sometimes forget that navigating to ITVplayer via the EPG has this bug, so I end up with the 'service unavailable' message first then that triggers my memory to key in 903 directly via the remotes keypad.

| Wed 14 Nov 2012 18:46:02 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.