My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

ITV1-HD screws up again ?

(12 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Recording ITV1-HD Granada, X factor results in a still image with the wrong dog about 15 mins behind real time in chasing playback. Switched to Freeview after 15 minutes and got an apology and the real start of the programme. Left the freesat recording to see what AR makes of it. Probably not ITV in this case in view of the dog.

| Sat 12 Nov 2011 21:37:52 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not a programme I watch/record...but there certainly appears to be a problem with ITV HD Granada - glitches in video and audio (this unit has Manchester postcode)

Edit: So checked other unit ITV HD London (South West postode) and appears to be fine.

| Sat 12 Nov 2011 22:04:22 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AR worked on this ocassion. Programme duration extended by 22 minutes. Announced later due to power failure at BT exchange in London so probably all sources affected.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 10:51:50 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

Here in Granada land, my HDR-FOX T2 recorded right to the end ok using AR. I wonder how those using padding got on.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 15:43:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

brian - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Here in Granada land, my HDR-FOX T2 recorded right to the end ok using AR. I wonder how those using padding got on.

Same here for us with AR. However I noted the recording continued some way into the next program (Piers Mogran interviewing Gazza) and I wonder if that recorded correctly for people using either AR or padding?

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 16:01:57 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

I noticed whilst watching X Factor, that the entry in the recording schedule was for the original time, yet the epg had been updated to show that programmes were running late. I would think that anyone recording Piers Morgan using AR would probably be ok, as the box should track the change when it wakes up 15 mins before scheduled start time. Those using padding would probably start and finish on time +/- padding, and miss the end of the programme.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 16:29:05 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

brian - 16 minutes ago  » 

Same here for us with AR. However I noted the recording continued some way into the next program (Piers Mogran interviewing Gazza) and I wonder if that recorded correctly for people using either AR or padding?

The start, as you stated is missing via freeview HD and AR....programme length of 53 Minutes

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 17:17:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

brian - 47 minutes ago  » 
    I would think that anyone recording Piers Morgan using AR would probably be ok, as the box should track the change when it wakes up 15 mins before scheduled start time.

My point was that the X Factor recording made with AR ran well beyond the start of the Piers Morgan program which suggests to me that the signal for the change of program was sent late; why do you think the Piers Morgan recording would have been OK?

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 17:18:55 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

and now they have caught the C4 HD EPG 'data disease' no data from 06:00 Mon 12 Dec - for ITV HD London anyway.

Freesat should monitor this and get it corrected, not us

| Tue 6 Dec 2011 10:22:46 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ITV1-HD Granada Freesat data finishes 0600 Mon 12 on the Foxsat and on Freeview (Central) finishes 11:30 same day

| Tue 6 Dec 2011 10:33:08 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.