My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

ITV3 (LCN10) no longer working

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcs9997940

Humax FBP 4000T: I don't know when I lost this channel but I cannot get LCN 10. "The channel is scrambled or not available". I have tried a full retune. I can't remember when or even if I have tried this channel before. The all TVs in the house can receive this channel and these are all fed via the Humax and then via a distribution amplifier.

Humax support stated that it must be the freeview transmitter at fault as there could not be a fault on the PVR with these symptoms. They asked me to do a manual retune on channel 25 (I think) but this had no effect. They asked me to check the signal strength and quality - all OK. They advised me to contact FreeView! I don't know what they can do but I will try them later today (when the Humax is not recording).

Is there any advice you can give me to get my PVR working properly again without losing my recordings? Since calling Humax support I have found a number of other channels missing as well on different Muxes.

I suspect that this is a consequence of the recent retune at Crystal Palace. I had to get my recently installed (less than 2 years old) Group A aerial replaced by Freeview - free of charge thankfully - in order to get the COM 7 and COM 8 muxes as there was zero signal on channels 55 and 56 with the original aerial. The signal is now over 80% on all channels with a quality of 100% (according the the Humax).

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 12:18:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jcs9997940 - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Humax FBP 4000T: I don't know when I lost this channel but I cannot get LCN 10. "The channel is scrambled or not available". I have tried a full retune.

ITV3 is carried on the same multiplex as ITV, Channel4 and Channel5; I assume you can receive those? If you can then I am with Humax and very puzzled.

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 12:40:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcs9997940

Yes - I can receive most other LCNs on that Mux including the ones you quite, but since I spoke to Humax I have fund I am missing some other LCNs on different Muxes e.g. LCN 81, 88. These work on the TVs in the house do it must be the Humax.

I can only think it is some corruption in the Humax resulting from the retune but without doing a factory reset, which would lose all my recordings, I am at a loss to know how to proceed.

Humax support have said that if I contact FreeView, and they are unable to suggest a fix (why they should be able to is beyond me), they will replace my Humax box but I would then lose all of my current recordings. Is there any way to transfer them (many are HD) to a new box?

Update: On Humax CBBC shows as LCN 120 which does not work and there is another entry at LCN 201 which does. The retune has duplicated the program with two different LCNs. I can't however find any duplicate for ITV 3

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 15:17:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jcs9997940 - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Update: On Humax CBBC shows as LCN 120 which does not work and there is another entry at LCN 201 which does. The retune has duplicated the program with two different LCNs. I can't however find any duplicate for ITV 3

Did you do a Smart Retune or an ordinary automatic retune? Doing a factory reset would not delete your recordings unless specifically instructed to delete them.

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 15:47:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcs9997940

Update to my own post

Freeview help was helpful. All she could suggest was unplugging the aerial and doing a retune to clear the store then plugging it back in an doing a second retune. This did not solve the problem. I was not surprised.

Back to Humax
    This time I had someone who knew what they were doing.

He had me doing a factory reset and assured be that there is an option to retain the recordings thank goodness. We did lose all of the recording schedule but we now have all of the channels working properly! We did retain the recordings.

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 16:16:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

flang

fyi I had the same problem with ITV3.
    Smart retune did not fix it. Standard auto retune did.
    (Also got the sewing channel back - my favourite. )

| Mon 18 Jun 2018 22:08:54 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.